February 2011 Moms
Options

NBR Friend issues

A friend and I have had sort of a strained relationship for almost a year now.....I'm pretty sure she no longer considers me a friend, but I don't know why.  I have no idea what happened, but she's made it pretty clear she doesn't want to hang out.  She and her DH stopped inviting us over and blew off our invites.  I have no idea what happened, but other mutual friends have confirmed that apparently she's pissed at me. 

She's pregnant and due soon.  We're both wives of PhD students and it can be tough.  Our husbands are busy and I know, given that I just gave birth, how hard it can be.  I saw this friend tonight for the first time in a long time tonight and she avoided me but I wanted to reach out so I tried but she blew me off- it was weird.  I just feel like this is silly, and I just want her to know that if she needs anything I am around and can help.  Life can be lonely around here as a lot of our mutual friends are single.  It would be nice to have a mommy friend - for both of us. 

My DH says to let it go.  Should I try to reach out again or let it go?  This is so stupid..........I feel like I'm in high school.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR Friend issues

• Options
    Maybe she's hormonal?  My bff and I grew way apart when Ifirst became preg because we were both stressed and couldnt be there for each other, both needing a strong shoulder.  Your friend could just be really stressed and going through a lot without realizing she needs someone like my friend and I were.  I say, be there if she needs you, but dont push it on her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"