Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

How many different "meals" will you offer your LO

for lunch or supper if they just eat a bite of it and then dont want any? Now that DD eats table food, she eats very little everyday but today I think I gave her like 5 different things for lunch to try to get her to eat and she barely ate anything! She basically ate yogurt and blueberries for lunch along with her formula.

No, she doesn't do this everyday but even if she doesn't do this, I have to offer her lots of different things because she eats so little... kinda frustrating! 

Oh and I forgot to mention that I never know what she will want to eat because one day she cant get enough of pasta and the next day, she looks at me like I'm giving her something she hates! lol And she does this with almost everything! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How many different "meals" will you offer your LO

• Options
    I have the same problem in the mornings. At breakfast she very rarely will eat anything I give her. So I usually wait another hour and try then her appetite is a lot better. I also offer her small meals throughout the day. I have noticed if she eats 4-5 small meals she is getting more to eat and I don't have to keep trying to find foods to offer. She is just not a big eater all in one sitting. 

DD#1 is 3! And LO#2 is on his/her way! Due Feb 26th, 2014.

BFP#1: EDD 5/7/2010 born on 5/20/2010. A little girl named Emily.  

BFP#2: m/c 10/29/2012 EDD was 6/21/2012 Baby Hope was 6 weeks 3 days. 

BFP#3: Twin B stopped growing at 8 weeks and 5 days. Found on 8/10/2014. EDD was 2/26/2014. Twin A is still doing great and due date is 2/26/14. 

• Options

I offer her something, if she won't eat it, I offer her something else I know she likes.  If she won't eat that, then too bad so sad.  The next day/feeding, I offer her the first food again.  She isn't going to starve herself and if she is hungry she will nurse more.

It can take a baby/child up to 10 times of being offered the same food before they will like it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DD is doing the same thing. She's had it with purees only wants to feed herself, but some days she'll eat a lot and other days she won't and then wakes up at 3 am looking for a bottle.

I feel like a magician. At every meal I have about 5 things to offer her. I try to get some Stage 3 something in her so that I know she ate a little, but then it's a lot of trial and error.

• Options
    This sounds exactly like DS. I just keep trying until I eventually give him some puree (which he LOVES) unless he eats a decent amount of the things I've tried. I feel like I waste so much food though!
    Andrew James born 7/9/10 @ 7:13pm - 7lbs 14oz & 20in Baby #2: EDD 11/2/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I give her whatever I've made and if she doesn't eat it that's it until next meal or snack. I usually offer about 3 things per meal, anyway: grain, protein, produce - so usually there's at least one thing she'll eat some of.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Our LO will eat ANYTHING!

Last night she ate BBQ salmon. I didn't think she would go for it. But she left her Cherrios to eat the salmon and little bits of spinach that I broke-up for her.

We give her everything we are having with each meal in little bits and follow-up with about a half cup of greek yogurt with mised-in pure fruit puree (got to use it up somehow).

• Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one offering a bunch of things per meal. I always offer different foods to DS to get him to eat and try new things. He still won't self-feed veggies so I still try to offer veggie purees at least at 1 meal per day. Sometimes he'll eat a lot and other times barely anything. My back-up is always string cheese or avocado. I just try to go with the flow b/c I never know what he will or won't eat.
  • Options
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one and hopefully it wont be like this forever! lol
  • Options
    I usually offer just one meal (with a couple different things) and if he doesn't want to eat, oh well...if he's hungry he'll eat.  I think offering multiple meals, even this young, sets the stage for bad habits - but more for us than LO.  It's easy to say "but he's only a baby", "he's only 2", "he's only 3"...then before you know it you wind up packing mac & cheese for your 21 year old to eat at a wedding!
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• Options

imageDreamsicle23:
    I usually offer just one meal (with a couple different things) and if he doesn't want to eat, oh well...if he's hungry he'll eat.  I think offering multiple meals, even this young, sets the stage for bad habits - but more for us than LO.  It's easy to say "but he's only a baby", "he's only 2", "he's only 3"...then before you know it you wind up packing mac & cheese for your 21 year old to eat at a wedding!

Dead

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageDreamsicle23:

LOL Yeah, I do agree.. I just don't want her to go hungry but we'll see how it goes. 

• Options

imageDreamsicle23:

hahaha! So true and I'm guilty of offering DS multiple things to get him to eat.

• Options

Right now DD2 just gets whatever we're eating for a meal. If she doesn't want to eat any of it, that's fine. She might nurse more later instead or eat more for a different meal.

DD1 is much more picky. She has to at least try everything that we make. Sometimes if she really dislikes everything, she'll have cereal for dinner. Or I'll get her some carrots with ranch dip or fresh fruit.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    imagekayteatrudeau:

Our LO will eat ANYTHING!

Last night she ate BBQ salmon. I didn't think she would go for it. But she left her Cherrios to eat the salmon and little bits of spinach that I broke-up for her.

We give her everything we are having with each meal in little bits and follow-up with about a half cup of greek yogurt with mised-in pure fruit puree (got to use it up somehow).

This for us too.  DD will eat pretty much anything, but I always offer 2 or 3 things per meal (pasta, peas, bits of fish) plus yogurt or applesauce afterwards.  She won't starve herself and if she doesn't like something, she'll just drink more of her bottle, or eat more of the applesauce.  I'm not really into make a whole seperate meal for DD.  She eats what I eat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Options

One. I offer one meal per mealtime. I'm not a short order cook. They won't starve themselves and will eat if they're hungry enough.

There's normally many components to the meals, protien, grain, veggie, etc. So she's bound to eat something we're having. Lucky me, she shovels just about everything into her mouth anyway. Little piggy.

• Options

dd is a great eater. i usually offer 2 fruits and 2 veggies, a grain, dairy (yogurt or cheese), and a protein each meal. sometimes she snubs one componant but thats fine.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"