October 2011 Moms

4d Ultrasound/Gender

Has anyone gotten a 4D done yet? I have a place near me that guarantees the gender at 18 weeks, although I really wanted to go sooner to know for Mother's day. I know some doc offices will schedule between 18 weeks and on to tell gender, so dont you think itd be easier to tell on a 4D? Let me know youre thoughts so I can ponder it over! :) Thanks!
PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 4d Ultrasound/Gender

• I just posted on the same topic. The 3D/4D place in my town says they can tell by 16 weeks. I am going in tomorrow and will be 16w 5d. I have had 2 other friends that went in at 16 weeks and they were able to tell the gender. I have tried to do some research online but didn't really find anything. Check out www.tatediagnostic.com. This is the place I am going tomorrow. They have a few pics at 16 weeks.
  • I had a 3d/4d at 14 weeks and it was really clear.(it was a medically necessary ultrasound)

However research non medical places and the dangers of having one of them do an ultrasound, they have started banning the ultrasound places that are not connected to a medical facility as they can be dangerousness and the people running them are untrained (many woman are told that something is wrong/ wrong genders, exposed to dangerous levels/periods of time)   

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary Our son died at 16weeks 6days on September 22, 2010 The greatest thing you?ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return" ~ Moulin Rouge My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • I have really never thought about it but the 4d photos show all the baby features you can really tell what they look like. 
    \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Pregnancy Ticker}
  • I had a 4D ultrasound today and its amazing how much you can see. I am exactly 16 weeks and we were able to tell the gender with no problem. It was very obvious, even to the untrained eye!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • My OB does the 3D/4D ultrasound as the normal anatomy scan now. I cannot wait to schedule that appointment. I think I am going to call on Monday to get it scheduled so that I have a date to look forward to!
  • I'm a little jealous as the place around here doesn't do 3d/4d until 26 weeks (well, that is the recommended time) and they won't guarantee the gender until 18.  They'll do angle of the dangle guess for you at like 14 or something, and they're probably more accurate than we all are, but still.  DH and I decided to just wait the 2 extra weeks until our anatomy scan and save the $100.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"