2nd Trimester
Options

blood in stool... (tmi?)

So I just had a bowel movement and noticed blood in my stool. I googled right away and looks like i may have internal hemmorrhoids, or be suffering from constipation.. both of which I've read is fairly normal in pregnancy. I am definitely planning on calling my doctors office just to let them know, but obviously they aren't open now. Is this something I should call the on call doctor about, go to the er, or can it wait til Monday morning? LO is kicking away so as far as I know he's doing fine (not going to lie for a minute there I freaked out thinking it was vaginal bleeding!!)Thanks for any help! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: blood in stool... (tmi?)

• Options
    Well have you been constipated?  Is it bright red?  No need to worry now, but your group should have a doc on call at all times for questions like these.
  • Options

I haven't felt constipated but I did strain a bit I suppose (sorry for tmi!) and yes it was bright red.

Yeah I wasn't sure if I should call the on call doctor or if it was fairly normal and something I was okay to wait til Monday to call. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would probably wait and see if it happened again, but that's just me.  I tend to avoid calling or going to the doctor if I don't HAVE to.  I don't think it would indicate anything wrong with the baby though, so thats good.  If it's going to make you worry to much, I would call.
  • Options
    imageRyan&Kristin062009:

I haven't felt constipated but I did strain a bit I suppose (sorry for tmi!) and yes it was bright red.

I'd say very normal :)

• Options

i would say it is normal as long as it wasn't a lot (it is hard to tell once it hits the water).  was it in the bm or was it when you wiped?  if it happens again i would definitely call.  and drink more water!!

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options
    imagejonnygurl76:

i would say it is normal as long as it wasn't a lot (it is hard to tell once it hits the water).  was it in the bm or was it when you wiped?  if it happens again i would definitely call.  and drink more water!!

When I wiped. And yes I definitely don't drink enough water so I will do that. Thanks so much everyone! 

• Options
    I constantly have hemorroids, hence the bleeding.  I wouldn't worry about it to much.  You could always follow-up with your OB on Monday to calm any fears you have.
  • Options
    I've had the same issue. Gross, I know. I told my doctor about it at my most recent appointment (several weeks after the fact), and she wasn't concerned or anything, but told me to make sure to get enough fluids and fiber, and to take a stool softener as necessary. I wouldn't worry about contacting your doctor unless you're really worried or in a lot of pain.
  • Options
    ive had the same problem and i havent been able to see a doctor because i dont have insurance [waiting on medicaid] and so far baby's fine. ive have two ultrasounds done and he looks okay, luckly ive been babysitting to pay those ultrasounds but omg i just wish i had insurance!! meanwhile if ur still worried dont hesistate to take advantage of the fact that u can call ur doctor and bug him or her all u want!   :)
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    imageRyan&Kristin062009:

Yeah I wasn't sure if I should call the on call doctor or if it was fairly normal and something I was okay to wait til Monday to call. 

I got hemorrhoids with my first and have had them ever since.  Mine are external.  A few months before I got pregnant this time I had blood one morning in my stool.  I was scared and always heard to call your dr immediately.  Well I went in to my family dr and she said it was just irritated and sent in a prescription.  I would definitely bring it up at your next appt, but they are more than likely just going to suggest a topical cream.  You may of had a hard poop and it could have just irritated it.  Hope they get better for you, they are not really any fun!

girls photo zvczv.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"