Washington Babies

Snoqualmie

I am taking J to see the falls this afternoon and am hoping to find a few other things to d while we're out there. There's an old train there, right? Can you get out and climb around on it or anything? Is there anything else fun to do in the area?

Thanks! 

Re: Snoqualmie

• KNemoKNemo member
    There's a few old trains that you can get out and climb on and there's the Northwest Train Museum at the Snoqualmie Train Depot. The town of Snoqualmie has a few good restaurants. We like to go into the Snoqualmie Falls Candy Factory (on Railway Ave.), but someone told me it wasn't open anymore.
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• This just reminded me of when SO and I went to see the falls a while ago and there is a big wheel or something by the trains and I told him that was the first wheel ever made. He said, "What, really?!" I said, "Of course not you idiot!". He is a really smart person, but I think he had a momentary lapse of reasoning. I still give him a hard time about that.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • There is a giant tree to look at near the trains.  Also lots of parks in the area. 

The candy factory is still open.  The grill area has changed owners a few times, but it is still open.  We also like La Fogata the mexican place right next door.

Make sure to bring rain jackets - the spray from the falls will be strong right now. 

Theresa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• I say you get a babysitter and check in to the Salish. Wink

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"