Pregnant after a Loss

4 more weeks....(of school, and a vent)

I am soooooo glad we only have 4 more weeks of school left (I am a kindergarten teacher). This week was BRUTAL. Last week I had no preps (and I always eat lunch with the kids) so no breaks. So today the kids were nuts, I was exhausted because we had kinder registration last night and I was at school late, we had our picnic day, and then the art teacher called in (the P.E. teacher did a couple days ago, they are both trying to use up sick days since they are leaving)...so no prep AGAIN. Then I get home and see on FB that she spent her day packing for Vegas. Seriously?! I get that you want to use your sick days, but at least plan around the days that the poor pregnant girl has art or P.E. so I don't always have to lose my prep!!!! I am sooooo tired and my feet are killing me, and I am paranoid that I don't eat enough during the day because I don't get any breaks!

Sorry...had to vent to someone. I am so glad it's Friday, and tomorrow I am 30 weeks!!! HOLY CRAP!!!

Hope you all are well!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 4 more weeks....(of school, and a vent)

• I know EXACTLY how you feel (being a kdg teacher with 4 weeks left), but your week sounds pretty rough. Do they not get subs for those teachers? My last schol didn't either and it sucked!

I am sorry it was a rough day - but yay for Friday and the weekend! And double yay for 4 more weeks of work!

P.S. I found some great Kdg websites off your blog - so thanks for that! Stick out tongue

• That is ridiculous. Don't you have a union?
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekathymarie:
    That is ridiculous. Don't you have a union?

HA...no union. They don't get subs for the specials, next year we won't even have specials because of budget cuts. We are lucky if we get subs when a regular teacher is out, half the time they just farm the kids out to other teachers. There is a reason AZ is 50th in education. After next year I will qualify for my teacher loan forgiveness, then I am probably going to try to get a job in the suburbs closer to home or maybe an ESL director position since I finished my masters.

• imagetew213:

I know EXACTLY how you feel (being a kdg teacher with 4 weeks left), but your week sounds pretty rough. Do they not get subs for those teachers? My last schol didn't either and it sucked!

I am sorry it was a rough day - but yay for Friday and the weekend! And double yay for 4 more weeks of work!

P.S. I found some great Kdg websites off your blog - so thanks for that! Stick out tongue

I have been out of control with the teacher blogs lately, and I am actually going to spend my maternity leave (besides enjoying my LO) trying to get some units up on Teachers Pay Teachers for some extra cash. Check this one out:

Teaching Blog Addict

It will steal hours of your lifeStick out tongue

• imageashleyrsotomayor:

imagekathymarie:

HA...no union. They don't get subs for the specials, next year we won't even have specials because of budget cuts. We are lucky if we get subs when a regular teacher is out, half the time they just farm the kids out to other teachers. There is a reason AZ is 50th in education. After next year I will qualify for my teacher loan forgiveness, then I am probably going to try to get a job in the suburbs closer to home or maybe an ESL director position since I finished my masters.

The Loan Forgiveness Program is great!  I got over $10,000 paid off 3 years ago and it was amazing....congrats on that!!!

Sorry that your week has been so rough!  I coudn't imagine not having my planning time, my class is crazy this year so I would probably ending crying or going nuts at the end of each day.  I hope that your next 4 weeks FLY by!!

• imagehwsgigles8:
    imageashleyrsotomayor:

imagekathymarie:

The Loan Forgiveness Program is great!  I got over $10,000 paid off 3 years ago and it was amazing....congrats on that!!!

Sorry that your week has been so rough!  I coudn't imagine not having my planning time, my class is crazy this year so I would probably ending crying or going nuts at the end of each day.  I hope that your next 4 weeks FLY by!!

You got $10,000?!!! I think they lowered it since then, because I read only 5,000 unless you are math, science, or special ed or something like that. 

• Wow, way to go 30 weeks--woop woop!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"