Attachment Parenting
Options

Transitioning to crib... thoughts? Advice?

We bedshare, and that will continue, but DS does at least the first part of the night in his bassinet. It is rated to 15 lbs, well at 10 weeks he had hit 13, so I think it is time to start preparing him for the move.

I am worried about the bigger space being too much for him. He does seem to love his room though, so that is good. (The nursery is off of out bedroom, it is where his glider is, and we rock and read to sleep at night.)

I am hoping to get the crib cleared this weekend (buildup of stuffed toys, thanks grammie, and blankets...) 

I am thinking of putting him in a bit here and there after changing before tummy time on the floor mat. Any other suggestions for getting him used to the space? He really doesn't go down great for naps anywhere, but I could put him down there. Should I hold off a bit until he seems okay alone in there for a couple of minutes?

We put him down asleep, but at night he wakes and goes back to sleep on his own before needing to be soothed (which is when we usually bring him to bed.) I just want to make this as smooth as possible.

Thanks Big Smile

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket

Re: Transitioning to crib... thoughts? Advice?

• Options
    I started by doing naps in crib, so he could get used to it. Seemed to work fine.  Your LO is pretty young, still, so I'll bet he'll make the transition pretty easily. 
  • Options

I don't have advice but I'm hoping you get responses. We tried transitioning a few weeks ago. She's back in the rock and play now. I don't know why it didn't go so well. We tried giving her playtime in there, lots of loveys and pacis and naps in the crib. She just would not go to sleep in the crib. I didn't like her screaming for the 20 minutes it took her to fall asleep with me patting her back. Inevitably, H would pick her up and rock her and then lie her down. She would barely last an hour. I wanted her to go the 3-4 hour stretch that she had been doing in the RnP so then she could come into the bed with us. We are trying again tomorrow. I hate the RnP next to the bed because I can't use my dresser and she's trying to flip over in it.

I used some of the tips on Dr. Sears site and NCSS too.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"