Breastfeeding
Options

XP: Poop question

DS is EBF since birth and I haven't made any changes in my diet. On Wed and then again today, he has had a diaper with larger volume poop, some mucus, more watery and foul smelling. They are still yellow and seedy. Otherwise, the other diapers today and in between have been normal. When I called the pedi office, they were not really concerned. Any thoughts about what could be going on? Milk protein allergy? Virus?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Poop question

• Options

Could be anything, really.  You're going to see a wide variety of poops... I wouldn't let them concern you too much.

Is he getting enough hindmilk? It's been awhile since my DD's cluster-feeding days, but I remember that she would have all sorts of poop problems if she didn't get enough hindmilk.

Other than that--  my best advice is to relax and just see what happens. If DS seems happy and healthy, then I'm sure everything is fine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    if it isn't consistent then its normal, every once and a while a poop may look strange, but if most of the time they are normal looking (yellow mustard seedy) then its fine.

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"