Northern California Babies
Options

Gifts for hospital staff - any experience here?

My son has been in the Pediatrics ICU for 4 days and is being moved back to a regular room in Pediatrics today.  I'd like to get a little something for the PICU staff that has been so good to him.  My first thought was to get a pick up a box of cookies, brownies, etc. but the staff changes so often, the people that have seen him the most are off for the next 4 days and the people there right now are only seeing him today.  Is this just how it goes in hospitals??  The other thought is flowers since they should theoretically last for a week, but will they even remember us?  Should we just come back next week when C is better and have him drop off something?

If anyone has ideas or experience here, please let me know!

Re: Gifts for hospital staff - any experience here?

• Options
    food is always appreciated! this is from a friend who is a a nurse at a hospital!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In my experience, yes...DS had a few nurses he saw really regularly, then on the day he was discharged it was someone who had only been there once before. On his discharge day from the NICU I brought a case of wine for everyone with a card indicating it was for the nurses and doctor's that had taken care of him (hoping they'd be adults and someone that never cared for him wouldn't get greedy).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When my girls were in the PICU I brought htem candy at the end of their stay. 
  • Options
    I was in the hospital for a week a few years ago and there were a few nurses that really took good care of me and I wanted to give them something. I remember getting them each a gift from Starbucks, like a bag of coffee and a mug or some hot chocolate and a mug. I put them in gifts bags with their names on it to make sure they got them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I had a long hospital stay in August and after my stay we brought a couple boxes of Sees candy and put the nurses na,es that helped me during my stay. I ended up going back for a night after the long hospital stay and 2 of them came and visited and thanked me for the candy. It wasn't much but it was appreciated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

totally late but food is always good =)

I would do whatever is most convenient for you. If it's during , at the end or after your stay. Really all parents bring food that is always appreciated and all staff gets it even if they were involved in their care directly. Also when you work on a certain floor your involved in that patient's care some how.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"