Multiples
Options

More stupid comments...

Because I know we all love to share them here (at least I do) and I know they won't stop, I just laugh now and expect it every time I leave the house (never fails).

This is from the Great Clips stylist who cut DS1's hair last night (pre-conversation, we had gone over names, ages, etc before the following took place):

Stylist: Are they identical?
Me:      No, they're boy/girl?
Stylist: I thought they could be identical and be boy/girl?
Me:      No, they have to have the exact same DNA to be identical.
Stylist: My husband has a brother and sister that are twins, and I always thought they were identical
Me:      No, they are 100% fraternal, you have to have the exact same DNA to be identical, and boys/girls have different DNA. So they are not identical Indifferent

These things don't even surprise me anymore when people ask.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: More stupid comments...

• Options
    I loved someone's comment the other day when asked if her b/g twins are identical - "No, her penis is bigger than his"  ROFL!!
  • Options

imageSpinningJess:
    I loved someone's comment the other day when asked if her b/g twins are identical - "No, her penis is bigger than his"  ROFL!!

Yes

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love when I'm telling someone about one of these stories, and they start to get that look on their face. You know, the look that says, "Can't boy/girl twins be identical? I thought they could. Now I have to pretend like I knew that, 'cause Kat's making fun of some other poor schlub who didn't know that. Crap."
  • Options

imagefloridakat:
    I love when I'm telling someone about one of these stories, and they start to get that look on their face. You know, the look that says, "Can't boy/girl twins be identical? I thought they could. Now I have to pretend like I knew that, 'cause Kat's making fun of some other poor schlub who didn't know that. Crap."

Yes I've had this conversation too.

• Options

imagefloridakat:

LOL - Yep I've had that experience too!

bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • Options

HA.  I can't believe the number of people who have said to me: "Oh!  You're having identical twins!  Do you hope you have one boy and one girl?"

I usually respond with "No, because that would be impossible."  Then I have to explain the DNA thing.  The only person I don't correct who says the one of each thing is my niece because she's 3.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Visit My Twin Life 
  • Options
    I have been asked if all of my triplets are identical.  Uh. No.  These two are, and he is fraternal.  Then I get the "Are you sure?" 
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"