2nd Trimester

Shrimp Cocktail?

I just got a major craving for shrimp w/ cocktail sauce. Anyone know if this is ok? I'm 13 weeks pregnant.

Re: Shrimp Cocktail?

• of course it is. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yes.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks Ladies. Off to the store to satisfy my craving...
  • Sure is.....my dr says I can have shrimp/fish once a week... =)
  • Oh man now I want shrimp!! yum
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You are so lucky. My DH is convinced that I cannot eat shrimp and it is one of the few true cravings I been having for the past 4 months. I almost ordered it in a restaurant the other day and he looked at me like he would divorce me if I did. I have to go along with his crazy ideas about what I can and cannot have for the next 9 weeks just to avoid the irrational arguments, and then I told him that if he doesn't show up at the hospital with shimp cocktail the day after the baby is born then he is not allowed to hold the baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagehecallsmecat:
    You are so lucky. My DH is convinced that I cannot eat shrimp and it is one of the few true cravings I been having for the past 4 months. I almost ordered it in a restaurant the other day and he looked at me like he would divorce me if I did. I have to go along with his crazy ideas about what I can and cannot have for the next 9 weeks just to avoid the irrational arguments, and then I told him that if he doesn't show up at the hospital with shimp cocktail the day after the baby is born then he is not allowed to hold the baby!

Maybe your hubby needs to do some research - shrimp is on every ok list I've ever seen for seafood, and I've had plenty this pregnancy. Plus, it has omega-3 in it, which might be good for brain development.  

• imagehecallsmecat:
    You are so lucky. My DH is convinced that I cannot eat shrimp and it is one of the few true cravings I been having for the past 4 months. I almost ordered it in a restaurant the other day and he looked at me like he would divorce me if I did. I have to go along with his crazy ideas about what I can and cannot have for the next 9 weeks just to avoid the irrational arguments, and then I told him that if he doesn't show up at the hospital with shimp cocktail the day after the baby is born then he is not allowed to hold the baby!

This would seriously piss me off.  Unless he is a doctor, he has no right to tell you what is and isn't safe to eat.  Is this typical behavior for him?

Happy Spring!.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • shrimp cocktail is ok, Dr.'s  just don't want you to have fish everyday. Eat up!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehecallsmecat:

I'm all about picking your battles, but your DH doesn't sound like the brightest bulb in the pack.  A quick visit to googleland would tell both of you shrimp are just fine to eat. Or asking a real doctor. 

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• It's absolutely okay and I even read somewhere that it's considered a pregnancy super food.  It's rich in Vitamin D and B12.  I eat shrimp a few times a week and my doctor completely supports it.  Eat up! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"