Attachment Parenting

Co-sleeping and nap time

Co-sleeping mommas, where does your little one nap? My DD used to nap in a swing or PiP, but now that I work nights, we usually nap together. I'm pregnant with my 2nd, so we won't be able to nap together once this baby comes. So my question is- where does your little one nap if you co-sleep/ bed share at night?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Co-sleeping and nap time

• We still nap together a lot of the times, but she's getting a lot better about sleeping on her floor bed without me during the day. 
  • I nurse DS down for his nap on the floor bed in his room. I have a twin sized mattress on the floor and a crib mattress next to it as kind of a step to make it easier for him to get on and off.  I can snooze with him if I want, or when he is good and asleep I roll away and go about my business.  I used to nurse him down in our bed, but since he's gotten very mobile I feel safer with the floor bed.  An added bonus is that sometimes he'll wake up and just go play with his toys for a couple minutes before he whines for me to come get him.  I have a video monitor so I can see what he is doing, and since his room is completely baby-proofed I don't have to run up to get him as soon I hear him move. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • LO is younger than yours, but he naps either in our bed or his PnP or the crib. He isn't picky. It more or less depends on which needs to be cleared of toys or needs the sheets changed.
    DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
  • DS naps on me, in the boppy next to me on the couch, or in bed with me. He will nap in his bassinet very rarely, but is about to outgrow it for weight, so we have to transition him to his crib soon... not sure how that will take.

He does do the first part of the night in his bassinet, and it is his longest stretch of sleep (4-5 hours! woot!) before coming to bed with us. 

I am hoping he does well in his crib... 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
  • I work 2nd so we usually nap together since I don't usually get more than 5-6 hrs a night even when he sleeps through but if I have stuff to do I either leave him on the couch or i make him a nest on the floor. I have fabric to make him a nap blanket but haven't had time to put it together yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"