Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

trying to move on, but looking for a way to remember

I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks and was completely devastated. I had a D&C last Thursday and recovered very quickly physically. I feel like I'm doing well moving on emotionally, but I also find myself having an inner struggle about it. I know it's good to move on, but I want to make sure I always remember the baby I lost. I'm almost feeling guilty about trying to move on. We live in a townhouse so planting a tree, etc. will not work.  I was thinking about maybe getting a little silver ring and engraving the inside. Any other ideas on a little token to remember? Have you done anything like this? I feel like I need to resolve this in order to really move on and feel ok about it. Thanks ladies.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: trying to move on, but looking for a way to remember

• siggy warning....

Do you have any outside area that you can plant flowers that will grow back every year?  We are a military family so we will be moving.  I have planted flowers that will grow back each year.  I hope to dig them up when we move to bring with us.  I bought an engraved garden stone that I will place out there so if the flowers die, at least I have that stone that I can take with us.  I got a tattoo for my DS.  I love your idea of a ring with engraving.  There's lots of rememberance jewelry out there for miscarriage/still birth/infant loss.  I also completely feel you on wanting to feel better but feeling incredibly guilt for doing so.  I'm very sorry for your loss.  Many hugs.

imageimageimage
  • Hi, I had my miscarriage recently at 11 weeks.  We have not yet done anything tangible, like a tree or ring, but I think anything like that is a lovely idea.  Once my DH and I finally had some alone time after coming home from my procedure, we pulled out our first ultrasound photo (which is the last time we had the chance to see the baby with a heartbeat).  We had a mini, unofficial ceremony for the baby by sharing our thoughts out loud, our wishes for the baby, and crying some.  It felt nice to get some thoughts off my chest and felt like we honored the baby some.
  • Loading the player...
  • Siggy warning ...

I agree with the previous posters.  We also had a ceremony for our babies where we each wrote our thoughts and feelings.  I like your idea of an engraving -- very sweet.  Many (((hugs))) to you.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Gone but never forgotten, our three angel babies Jude, Mary and Gerard
  • I looked for ways but in the end contacted my ultrasound tech to see if they had any pictures from when we found out that the babies heartbeat stopped. I am going to frame it and cherish it :)
  • Pooftybear, I like this idea a lot, and wish I would have asked for pictures of our ultrasound.  I didn't even think about it at the time...

BFP#1 EDD 11/8/11 - MC @ 9w6d, 4/15/11 we said goodbye
    BFP#2 DD arrived 5/7/12
  • I am loosing my baby right now I was only 6 weeks but i am taking the sono pic I have of the tiny dot and putting it on a canvis and paiting next to the photo  "

forget me not my little one you left us too soon, thought my body can no longer hold you, i hold you forever in my heart"

sorry for your loss

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"