Breastfeeding
Options

I can't imagine pumping for another 7 months. :(

I EBFed DD until she was 13.5 months. I was a SAHM with her, though, so I didn't really pump. My goal is to pump for DS until he's at least 1 year old. We had a ton of nursing issues for the first 12 weeks of his life, at one point I was EPing while we worked through them--I spent a lot of $$ and energy getting him back on the breast and I am so proud of that... but pumping sucks. I hated EPing and I hate pumping. When EPing I was barely keeping up with what he needed, and the same thing is happening now. I'm pumping 4 times a day and only getting 8-9oz/day. He gets 9oz currently at daycare and I nurse him on my lunch.

I just do it one day at a time, and will continue to, but this sucks. I wish I was one of those people who gets so much that they can freeze/store some. Then I wouldn't have to pump all the way to 12 months, I could stop before then. 

Whine over.

Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015

Re: I can't imagine pumping for another 7 months. :(

• Options

Well you have the right attitude, just worry about today.  Even if you were one of those people who had a huge stash, you would burn through it pretty fast if you quit.  I have 250-300oz in the freezer and it would only last me probably two weeks if I weaned today.

Hang in there momma!   

• Options

i pump just enough too - my freezer stash is a whopping 15oz.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hang in there and take it day by day. I have to go to work in a few weeks and am dreading it. My freezer stash is now 7 oz.  I wish I could pump extra but I'm not built that way, lol.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I'm sorry. That stinks. I have a decent freezer stash but I've done the math and realized that even if you have something crazy like 300 oz in the freezer.... that's like two weeks or less of stored milk. So I don't think very many people get to stop pumping and use exclusive BM for months afterwards. 

Hang in there!

• Options

I've been EPing for about 10 months now. It does suck. I try to treat my self durring my mid day pumps (I hate those the most). A piece of chocolate or a favorite magazine. A little quiet time with my feet up.

One day at a time! :)

Team Green for #2! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Shmoo is growing up! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"