Northern California Babies

Stef

I saw on your BOTB post that you're looking for doulas.  If you need some more recs, let me know.

Re: Stef

• ditto!

are you interviewing Cyndi? I thought you might be based on another post you made about Kaiser South. She is amazing! Couldn't have done it without her!

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • I would LOVE recs.  We are planning to interview Cyndi although I know she has convinced our other Bradley couple to switch to Kaiser South Sac, and I kinda don't want to...even though I'm sure she's probably right.  I just really don't want to switch my care =/  Bah.  Oh well...

Anyway, we'd like to interview a couple people.  I think the option to have someone who will do at least one post partum visit would be wonderful (I think L you said that Cyndi doesn't do that right?).  T actually wants to be the one to call and set up the interviews, but he has asked me to get some recommendations.  Thank you very much.  I spent some time on DONA yesterday and was overwhelmed by the shear number of people and wasn't looking forward to cold-calling, but didn't think to ask here as I typically see people rec DONA, and L already rec'd Cyndi.  So yes, I would love that and very much appreciate it!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Cyndi tried to get me to switch to Sutter Davis, but I didn't. You don't have to. She just mentioned it once and when I said no, she dropped it. You are right, she is only a birth doula, she leaves pretty much after the birth and doesn't help with bfing, etc, but can put you in touch with people who can.

I also interviewed Michelle Gaymon (downtowndoula.com). (she also teaches bradley method)

And our next stop was going to be Janet Carroll from My3Doulas.com

And ask Paula! She'll probably have good recs.I asked Julie and she only rec'd Cyndi. Also, when you read the birth stories from the prenatal moms, some mention doulas. Cyndi was mentioned in one just before we interviewed her and that helped me make my decision.

Also, I found out about it too late, but there is a study going on at uc davis regarding BFing, and if you participate, part of the perks is free lactation consultant visits in the hospital and once you are home! I'm not sure if they are still looking for subjects.

~~ married 8.11.07
  • CelynCelyn member

Cyndi has a great rep.  I'm surprised to hear she doesn't do any postnatal follow-ups.  Hopefully that's not accurate.  Generally birth doulas will do at least one.

Other women to call:

Consie Kunst - https://www.doulapregnancy.com

Christine Ruiz Bren -  https://www.betterbirthsacramento.com/Ruiz.html

• imageCelyn:

Cyndi has a great rep.  I'm surprised to hear she doesn't do any postnatal follow-ups.  Hopefully that's not accurate.  Generally birth doulas will do at least one.

She does do a postpartum follow up, but doesn't provide any postpartum doula services if that makes sense? And, when I was just about to lose my mind with PUPPS, she tried to get help for me, and put me in contact with ICAN and other postpartum support I needed

She is amazing and was a great support for John. She has done so many births and knows all the docs and nurses and protocols at every hospital.

~~ married 8.11.07
  • Thank you both very much!  I really appreciate it :)

I will be sure to ask what kind of postpartum support is specifically offered.

L, Paula only really recommended Cyndi.  She definitely has a great reputation.  I think she'll also be working with the other Bradley couple in our classes (but they actually have decided to switch to South Sac...I guess even their Kaiser Roseville Midwife agreed that South Sac is a better natural option than Roseville...whiiiiich is more reason why I *know* I should consider it more...plus, I know you mentioned it before too...AND they have tubs to labor in, unlike Roseville...but ugh...I don't wanna switch.  I love my OB and MW...we'll see though.  The other couple in our classes is due in May and switching this week, so I guess I have time ;)).  

Thank you both again!! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • CelynCelyn member
    South Sac Kaiser is really good for med-free.  One of my favorite nurses just switched there because that's the kind of birth she prefers to help with.  And tubs can seriously make a huge difference in a labor -- in contrast the OB and even sometimes the midwife are hardly even present for the labor part. 
  • So I don't have experience with doulas, but I did deliver at South Sac and can't say enough about the teams in both Labor and Delivery and also in the Mother and Baby side.  THEY ARE AMAZING!  And...another thing that I loved about South Sac was the FREE lactation clinic they have.  You can drop in on the days they're open and the woman in there is fabulous.  I know my birth was quite different than what you're hoping for, but I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about South Sac!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"