March 2011 Moms
Options

what could be bothering DS??

He just hasn't been himself the past two days. Yesterday he slept nearly all day and was fussy the whole time he was awake and didn't eat as much as he usually does. I took his temp several times but it was always in the 98 range. He had absolutely no "content time" while awake, which has never been the case. Today more of the same but with less sleep and more fussing/crying. I haven't been able to get him down for a nap longer than 20 mins and all he wants to do is nurse today (and not necessarily because he is hungry, he'll fall asleep while latched after a couple mins). And the weirdest part is that immediately when he wakes up he lets out this "I'm in pain" sounding cry/scream that I've only ever heard from him after he got his 2 mo. shots Sad He doesn't seem gassy and his poop is normal and since he has no fever I'm at a complete loss for what could be wrong??? Any ideas, I'm so exhausted and stressed from all the crying and nursing and I'm supposed to go to work in 2 hrs Tongue Tied Ahhh!

Re: what could be bothering DS??

• Options
    If he seems like he wants to nurse all the time it may mean that he is not getting enough milk. Is he gaining weight like he should? Just an idea because my girlfriend had the exact same issue.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    eturpeturp member
    He is definitely gaining weight. I have been pumping and giving him bottles pretty regularly for the past week or so and definitely don't have a supply issue either.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like a growth spurt. We're going through the same thing this week. DS is either nursing, fussing, or sleeping... which isn't like him. On Tuesday he was attached to my boob for literally 12 hours straight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    eturpeturp member

imageEmandChris08:
    Sounds like a growth spurt. We're going through the same thing this week. DS is either nursing, fussing, or sleeping... which isn't like him. On Tuesday he was attached to my boob for literally 12 hours straight.

this is what i was thinking at first but since he isn't actually "eating" a ton just comfort nursing i'm not sure. we just got through his 6 week growth spurt so if he is already going through another one geesh these are brutal Tongue Tied

• Options

Hmmm...I was going to suggest growth spurt too since my DD is pretty much doing this exact same thing right now. Took her to the pedi and she checked her ears, nose and throat for signs of infections. Since there weren't any she said it was most likely a growth spurt. 

If it lasts through the weekend maybe call his pedi to see what he/she thinks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"