Pregnant after 35

Intro and a big sigh of relief :)

Hi all,

I got my BFP on 3/30 and have been lurking here since then, but didn't want to do an intro until I had my first ultrasound :)  I'm 38, a pediatric nurse practitioner, and my DH is 37.  We have a DD (8) and DS (6).

Today was the big day and I have to say that I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.  I was absolutely terrified that we would go in today and there would be no heartbeat.  Fortunately, everything went well and we got an amazing look at our sweet baby.  Everything looked great- heartrate was 176 and even saw some movement :)

My OB was at a c-section, so I will go back in tomorrow morning to meet with her- can't wait!!  Thanks for letting me get all that off my chest- we won't tell everyone until after the first trimester.   Look forward to talking to everyone on this board-

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro and a big sigh of relief :)

• Yay!!! Congratulations and welcome!
  • Congatulations & welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats and welcome!
  • Congrats!  I have to wait till next week to see the nurse practitoner and then another 2 weeks for my Dr.  The waiting is killing me!

Best wishes!

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • YAY!  I've been wondering where you were!  Welcome!!
    ~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Hurray!  I know that terror well!  I hope your pregnancy is easy and healthy!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Awesome news!  Congratulations!  Welcome...we look forward to getting to know you!
  • congrats and a H&H 9!
  • Hurray and welcome! I'm 38 with #3 also! So great to have you on board. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months. Keep us posted on all things baby (and more)! :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Welcome!  So glad to see someone else from the "burbs" of Atlanta!!  I'm in Newnan.  Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months! Smile
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Awesome! Congratulations and welcome :)
  • I'm glad everything is going so well for you!!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"