Infertility Veterans

How Much Bedrest After Transfer??

How much bedrest does your doctor tell you to do after your transfer?

Mine says 24 hours but I always did 48 hours.

Do you think that more bedrest is better or necessary.

The reason I am asking this is because I have a ton of events coming up next week and I thought my treatment was not going to be untilt he following week and I may have to get away with as little bedrest as possible.  Do you think 24 hours is enough.

Do you think it really makes a difference at all??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How Much Bedrest After Transfer??

• This varies greatly from RE to RE.  Mine recommends 5 days of light activity.  I took 2 days off of work since I have an office job and don't do anything more strenuous than walking and writing.

I'm sure you'll be fine with 24 hours.  Good luck!

IVF #3 = Feb 2012
    beta#1 3/21 (14dp3dt)=413, beta#2 3/23 (16dp3dt)=785, u/s 4/11
    EDD 11/25/12
    **SAIFW** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Zero....all 3 clinics I have been to just say to take it easy and do normal things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I just posted my story in the post below.  I didn't really do any BR this time and its the only cycle that worked!

Good luck!

TTC since April 2009 dx = PCOS; TTC History for DS - A FET miracle after 7 IUIs; 2 fresh transfers, and 1 other FET resulted in BFNs. Hoping and Praying for baby #2: Cycle 1 - FET; November 2012 BFN Next Steps - who knows? Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Mine says "for the rest of the day." So if your transfer is at 8am, you get alot of bedrest, if it's at 2pm, you get a partial day. 

I did about 30 hours for my successful IVF then took it easy for the next few days. 

TTC Since 10/08 4 IUIs=BFNx4
    IVF#1=BFP!! Twins!!
    Bradley and Billy born and lost on 2/2/11 at 19w2d due to pPROM/PTL. I miss you, little angels.
    IVF#2=BFN
    IVF#3=c/p IVF#4=Empty Follicle Syndrome; 1 mature, fertilized, & made it to blast. 5dt of "the lone ranger" on 9/6. Please stick, little one! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageJackie2200:

Mine says "for the rest of the day." So if your transfer is at 8am, you get alot of bedrest, if it's at 2pm, you get a partial day.   

My RE recos this, well actually modified bed rest (bed, couch, chair).  Then resume "normal activities" minus swimming/hot tubs, sex, other bouncing until beta.  It was enough for me last time, so no I don't think days of bed rest are necessary/ily helpful.

TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My 1st clinic recommended bed rest post-ET.  I want to say they suggested 48-72 hrs.  I had 2 m/cs from those fresh cycles.  My 2nd clinic suggested that patients take it easy the day of transfer but did not recommend bed rest on ET day or thereafter.  From a fresh cycle and 2 FETs there I had a BFN, another m/c, and a term pg.  Personally, I don't think bedrest makes an ounce of difference.  I think if an embryo sticks it's gonna stick whether you're standing up or laying down.  :)    

• My clinic says the rest of the day also.  I don't have a whole lot of belief that it makes a huge difference, though.  I definitely don't think more than that is necessary, unless for special cases.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"