Breastfeeding

Holy Destroyed Nipple

So, for the last 4 days, although the nips have been sore, we've been doing great with feedings, some minor scabbing within the first two days but great since then.

Well, just finished a session and my nipple looks like a disaster zone. It looks like thin layers of skin are peeling off and there's what I thought was some form of bloody discharge but is actually part of my nipple which has apparently been chewed/sucked to bits. It almost looks like half the nipple is inside out.

I've been secreting a little extra milk to moisturize with and when it's really bad, use a dab of Motherlove nipple cream, but with this severity, should I be doing something else? Also, I'm sure this is going to hurt like a b*tch, but should I let LO still feed from it and deal with whatever pain that may cause or should I avoid that side til it's looking a little better?

Love, Peace and Rock & Roll the urban ellas Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Holy Destroyed Nipple

• where are the videos on kellymom? I see the handouts but not the videos.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Was just about to ask the same question. The website is a little hard to figure out at first, but hopefully some of the tips I've read/seen will help.

Thanks so much.

Love, Peace and Rock & Roll the urban ellas Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • AmyG, thanks so much for the references. I've done two feedings using some of the techniques and my nipples already feel amazing. Also, it cut down his feeding time by about 5 min. You are AWESOME!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"