Pregnant after a Loss

First OB appointment this morning

I was there for 2 1/2 hours! The doctor didn't even come in to the office until 45 minutes after my appointment was scheduled and there were two people ahead of me. Once I finally got called back, I had to PIAC and get my weight and BP checked. I haven't gained any weight yet (aside from the 6 lbs from IF tx)... tell that to my pants because I can't even fit in my fat pants anymore. I got to talk to the doctor. Basically she said that she's going to let me go into labor naturally (unless complications arise, I assume) but won't let me go past 40 weeks. I was surprised that she would let me go that long with twins. If they are both head down, I have to try vaginal delivery; if they aren't I have to have a c-section. I will see a peri for my NT scan and all of my ultrasounds (about every 4 weeks, I think) and I will see my OB every 4 weeks until 24 weeks, then every 2 weeks until 34 weeks, then every week. She couldn't find the HBs using the doppler so she told me go get my bloodwork done and then come back for a u/s. They took 8 vials of blood (for a total of 16 in the past 5 days... I'm beginning to look like I have track marks) and I had to PIAC again for the lab. I got to see both babies moving around on the u/s and they both had good HBs. I couldn't tell which was which because I had never had an abdominal u/s before so I'm not familiar with their placement from that view. One of them was waving his/her arms and legs and the other one was failing it's body like it was humping (dirty baby!). She told me to take an extra 4mg of folic acid since I'm having twins but when I went to Rite Aid they told me that was prescription strength (and she didn't give me a script) so now I'm waiting for them to call me back.

Sorry for the novel! 

m/c 7/17/10
Dx: MFI- 3% morph
IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Re: First OB appointment this morning

• Overall it sounds like a good appointment! Congrats on that! I'm also surprised she would let you go full-term with twins. I wonder if she just figures you'll go into labor earlier on your own anyways? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It sounds like you've got a great plan of attack ready for you!!

I also think it's great that they're going to let you try and deliver vaginally if the babies are in the correct position!!  I hate how some OBs seem in a rush to push a section just because there are twins.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like it ended up being a great appointment, even if it was long.
  • Good appointment overall sorry about the long wait!
    6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • It sounds like a good appointment!  I'm glad you'll be followed so closely by a peri.  Mine has really helped to put my mind at ease. 
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Glad the appt went well! Congrats on a great u/s!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • imagequezzo:
    Overall it sounds like a good appointment! Congrats on that! I'm also surprised she would let you go full-term with twins. I wonder if she just figures you'll go into labor earlier on your own anyways? 

I think she assumes I will go early. She said she usually sees twins come around 36-37 weeks but that she has delivered twins at 39 and even 40 weeks. 

m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"