Washington Babies

Bleeding mouth/gums in 1yr old??

DH was watching DS a week ago while I was gone and said that his mouth started bleeding...he couldn't see anything wrong and DS didn't seem upset or bothered. DH figured he had bit his tongue or lip or something. He is also teething molars so we thought maybe that can happen? not sure cause it never did with DD but they are all so different too.

Then today, a week later, we are driving home from my daughter's class and his mouth started bleeding in the car again... again he is still cutting molars and again did not seem the least bit bothered by it and it subsided after a few minutes. This time I laid him down and tried to look in his mouth really good after we got home but could not see anything (he will not let me look as good as I would like). 

I'm guessing it just has to do with his molars, but again DD never had any bleeding with teeth so I am kind of worrying myself. If it happens again I will call the pediatrician and ask, but just curious if anyone has experience with anything like this? Oh also, the first time my husband was playing with him so possible I guess he could have hit his mouth on something (though he usually lets you know loudly at the slightest bump - not a tough guy yet haha)  - he definitely could not have bumped it on anything in the car today though.

Re: Bleeding mouth/gums in 1yr old??

• Cooper got two things that looked like blood blisters when he was cutting his molars. They didn't bleed but I would think they could have if he bit down on something just right. I would call the ped to be sure. But since it's just been two discrete incidents I bet nothing is majorly wrong.
  • imageSeattle_JiLLn:
    Cooper got two things that looked like blood blisters when he was cutting his molars. They didn't bleed but I would think they could have if he bit down on something just right. I would call the ped to be sure. But since it's just been two discrete incidents I bet nothing is majorly wrong.

thanks! ended up calling the nurseline and she was not concerned...said it happens, especially with molars and they can have black looking gums from blood blisters. Will keep an eye on it though. 

• Loading the player...
  • If you haven't started pediatric dentist visits, now is a good time (for peace of mind.)
    Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"