Natural Birth
Options

Lilah is here!

I did it! All natural, no meds (except pitocin and methergen afterward to help control pp bleeding. Story in blog (in siggy), but I am very proud of myself, I am still amazed at how fast it all went and how perfectly!

Re: Lilah is here!

• Options
    Yay! Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

So awesome! Congrats again!

Did you actually start to get PPH this time, or did they give you the meds preventatively? (I am, of course, worried about my own situation...)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCaseBride:

Did you actually start to get PPH this time, or did they give you the meds preventatively? (I am, of course, worried about my own situation...)

I didn't actually hemorrhage, it just took longer than they liked for the bleeding to slow down. So the meds were mostly preventative. I also had 2 IV locks in place in case they needed to give me meds or blood in a hurry. 

• Options

Congrats!  I had an epi last time and I'm hoping to go med-free next time- always nice to hear a story where someone was successful with that!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    congrats!
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options
    imageckolak:-):
    imageCaseBride:

I didn't actually hemorrhage, it just took longer than they liked for the bleeding to slow down. So the meds were mostly preventative. I also had 2 IV locks in place in case they needed to give me meds or blood in a hurry. 

I am so glad to hear this...gives me hope in case we decide to have #3!

And congrats again!

Mom to Adelyn 02.08 and Jude 09.10

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    M/C 09.30.11
  • Options
    imageKristinmo:

Congrats!  I had an epi last time and I'm hoping to go med-free next time- always nice to hear a story where someone was successful with that!

Any reason why you decided to go med-free with this birth compared to the first? I want to go natural. This is my first, I'm just wondering what changed your mind? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congrats!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• Options
    imagespanas:
    imageKristinmo:

Any reason why you decided to go med-free with this birth compared to the first? I want to go natural. This is my first, I'm just wondering what changed your mind? 

I hated my epidurals. I had 2, both wore off/stopped working after 3 hours, I spent like 8 hours at 7-8cm, was stuck in bed with only ice chips for that whole time. I was only able to push laying down, and DS was OP so another position/more flexibility may have helped. In the end DS was a forceps delivery, which I felt every bit of as my crotch was not even a little numb. 

• Options
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing!  (I need to hear stories like this!!!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"