March 2011 Moms
Options

posted on 0-3 too.. question about reflux..

My baby is going to be 6 weeks old this weekend.. After fits of crying for hours at a time we finally were diagnosed with reflux. The doctor also had us do testing on her poops for a milk allergy.  The test came back negative, but she said there is always the possibility of a false negative and we would talk tomorrow, a week after appt to discuss how she was doing.  She has been on medicine for the reflux for a week.   Although she is doing better I really feel like she still is not right.  She screams for quite a while before she has a bowel movement.  After she has one she is fine.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  She is formula fed. 

Re: posted on 0-3 too.. question about reflux..

• Options
    Have you tried switching to a nonmilk based formula?  Our pedi does not test for allergies this young b/c she said they are too unreliable.  Instead she opts for trials of removing the food.  All of my kids have had reflux and food intolerances/allergies.  My son became a different kid when we found out he had MSPI (milk/soy protein intolerance) and switched him to Neocate (elemental formula).  My second daughter did best on a formula without corn or milk.  If your gut tells you something still isn't right, keep trying.  Also, if you haven't seen a peds GI yet I highly recommend it.  Good luck!
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"