D.C. Area Babies
Options

BG user poll

If you have used BG, do you prefer the snap or velcro closure?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: BG user poll

• Options
    I prefer velcro on all of my CDs because I have a difficult time getting a good fit on my kids with snaps.  The only snaps I have are night time fitteds.  I've never had any issues w/excessive wear with velcro or any other issues. 
    imageimage

TTC #1 Cycle 14 - IUI#1=BFN, IUI#2=BFP | TTC #2 Cycle 8=BFP!! imageimage

• Options

SNAP! The velcro is starting to pull off of the cover on some of mine (we've been using a LOT for a year and a half though). Plus J is starting to be able to pull on the velcro and I'm worried he's going to be able to get himself out of them.

Did you see they're having a seconds sale right now? I'm buying a bunch (it's just the covers, not the inserts) but they're super cheap - $9 each for 4.0s with snaps.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetomandcourt:

SNAP! The velcro is starting to pull off of the cover on some of mine (we've been using a LOT for a year and a half though). Plus J is starting to be able to pull on the velcro and I'm worried he's going to be able to get himself out of them.

Did you see they're having a seconds sale right now? I'm buying a bunch (it's just the covers, not the inserts) but they're super cheap - $9 each for 4.0s with snaps.

I did! :) That's what prompted the question. Even if I buy the inserts separately, it's a good $5 savings over the regular price.

• Options

I prefer snaps, though I've never had trouble getting a good fit on my kids with most brands (disclaimer: I don't have any BGs with snaps to compare).  My BGs are 3.0s and were used with DD, so the velcro has definitely been used and abused, and the rest of the diaper is in great shape.  But now they don't stay secured very well, create monstrous diaper chains in the washer, and DS either takes them off on purpose or his playing sort of loosens them up and they fall on their own (I can't tell which).  So if you're looking to get a long-term investment out of them, I vote snaps.

• Options
    Velcro. The diaper chains can be a pain but they fit C way better. We've been using most of ours since one month and they're a little beat but still going strong.
  • Options

Dear Zerf,

I think you saw Bug's snaps (we primarily use FuzziBunz). But when she was in daycare, I tried to use velcro as much as I could. I figured if DC was willing to use CDs with my girl, then I wanted to make it as easy on them as they could. We bought a bunch of BGs when they had that BOGO coupon a year or so ago. I still try to preserve her velcros for babysitters/care, for the same reason. Most people are familiar and more comfortable with velcro if they aren't used to my kid and how she wears hers. At home, we primarily use the FB snaps. That in mind, my BG velcros get a LOT LESS use, but the velcro is still worn considerably -- and I am constantly using a crochet (knitting??) hook to pull out all the fuzzies.

I haven't bought BGs in a while. Are the 4.0s that are on sale pockets or all in ones? I MUCH prefer my BG pocket to the AIO. AIO take for.ev.er. to wash.

Butt love,

kewliegirl

imageimageimage
  • Options
    imageKewliegirl:

Dear Zerf,

I think you saw Bug's snaps (we primarily use FuzziBunz). But when she was in daycare, I tried to use velcro as much as I could. I figured if DC was willing to use CDs with my girl, then I wanted to make it as easy on them as they could. We bought a bunch of BGs when they had that BOGO coupon a year or so ago. I still try to preserve her velcros for babysitters/care, for the same reason. Most people are familiar and more comfortable with velcro if they aren't used to my kid and how she wears hers. At home, we primarily use the FB snaps. That in mind, my BG velcros get a LOT LESS use, but the velcro is still worn considerably -- and I am constantly using a crochet (knitting??) hook to pull out all the fuzzies.

I haven't bought BGs in a while. Are the 4.0s that are on sale pockets or all in ones? I MUCH prefer my BG pocket to the AIO. AIO take for.ev.er. to wash.

Butt love,

kewliegirl

they are pockets, sans inserts.

• Options

snap!

I think the applix on BG sucks!  I have had to replace them (the pockets have velcro) and I wish they had snaps like the AIOs. 

Lauren,
    Mackenzie Beth 10.26.05 Ian James 08.09.08 Rhys Edward 07.05.10 William Brendan 04.17.12
  • Options
    Snaps.  To be honest I don't have any BGs with aplix, but I do have other pockets with aplix.  I primarily have the aplix for DH and my mom to use for DD since they feel less comfortable with snaps.  I do feel I can get a better fit with aplix, but I prefer the longevity of snaps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"