Baby Names
Options

Ada/Adah

What are your opinions on this name?

What do you think of it with the middle name Felicity?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Ada/Adah

• Options
    No H. It's fine
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagepinkflipflops44:
    No H. It's fine

This. And, it's OK, not my fave.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I prefer Ada. It sounds very old fashioned. Which is not a good thing or a bad thing...just a thing.
  • Options

I like Ada! Not really a fan of Felicity, but it's not bad as a mn for Ada.

I like Ada Renee, Ada Katherine, Ada Claire, or Ada Sophia

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ohfourohfour member
    Just wondering everyones opinions. Adah is the Biblical spelling but I tend to like the Ada spelling better and think it's less likely to be mispronounced.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageohfour:
    Just wondering everyones opinions. Adah is the Biblical spelling but I tend to like the Ada spelling better and think it's less likely to be mispronounced.

There is no Biblical spelling in English, since the Old Testament was originally written in Hebrew, and the English is just a translation.  Further, in Hebrew the name is pronounced Ah - dah, with the emphasis on the second syllable.  So if you prefer Ada you should definitely do Ada.

• Options
    AndLynAndLyn member
    It's a nice name, and it goes well with Penelope. I prefer it spelled Ada.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ohfourohfour member

I was just looking at Behind the Name and it lists the prn. as AY-d?, so that's what I was going by.

ETA: I mean it lists this for the name Adah.

• Options
    I like it, spelled Ada and it works well w/ Felicity.    I know a Ada that's a teenager and she's a sweet girl.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    It's ok - but no "h" no matter what!
  • Options
    Ada is cute and I prefer that spelling. Bonus: It's a palindrome!
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
  • Options
    AML84AML84 member
    I have a client with the name AdaH. I love it with the H, because I'm used to it. 
  • Options
    I actually like both spellings, Ada wins though! I love Ada Felicity, that is gorgeous :)
  • Options
    I really like Ada, and I think Ada Felicity is really cute and flows nicely. My DH and I considered this name, because of Ada Lovelace, she was a mathematician and is considered to have written the first computer program, and my DH is a computer programmer, but we had settled on Pearl as a middle name (family name) and Ada Pearl, sounded like she Ate-a Pearl, so Ada with a noun middle name wouldn't work at all.
    image image image

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    eh, it's okay.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"