High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

bed rest and husband

Hi Ladies,

Just a question. Has this affected your husband? My poor husband has been amazing. I had emergency surgery one week ago for a cerclage. Since then I've also been put on strict bed rest and pelvic rest. I will remain on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy I'm only 21 weeks and 1 day. Without complaining my husband has been by my side every step of the way from cleaning my bed pan to helping me shower. I'm starting to feel horrible that he is doing everything with the help of my parents. Just wondering how everyone else's husbands survived? Thanks for your help.      

Re: bed rest and husband

• Options
    My husband has really stepped up to the plate.  I am definitely not on as strict of bedrest as you but he has really taken charge.  He works from home so he shifted his hours so he can take care of DS and me during the day also we gutted the kitchen before all this happened so he has been building cabinets and doing an amazing job.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm not on as strict bed rest but my hubby has also been amazing. I've also decided to hire a babysitter to help care for my DD and ease the schedule for my mother and husband. Perhaps call your insurance company and see if they cover a nurse to come to the house? Or talk to your doctor about other services that can help you in this situation. My worry is that my family will burn out before this is all over and I hate that I  feel like I'm taking something from their day b/c they have to care for me. I know they would do it no matter what and I would do the same but I feel SO guilty!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    he has been real good..granted i went from running the household to couch ridden at 6weeks b/c of extreme nausea! and then a cerclage at 14weeks..and strict modified bedrest...all this with a very spirited almost 4 year old..so yeah he has been good..plus he works 7days a week!.BUT I think he could definetly be doing a bit better honestly! but he has been better than i though he would be..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My husband has been great it was a bit of an adjustment cooking and cleaning all the time. I am on modified bedrest so a bit different from your situation. Now that I am getting a bit stronger I can cook my meals while he is at work and not be stuck eating sandwiches all the time. I never thought in a million years that my husband would have to help me go to the bathroom and help me take a shower. I thought that would happen when we were 80! Letting my husband nap makes all the difference in the world lol.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
    BFP #1 - 04/09/10 -- m/c - 07/02/10 @ 20weeks and 3 days. D&C 07/02/2010 - EDD 11/16/10
    BFP #2 12/17/10 please stick turtle. EDD 8/29/11 - Emergency C-Section 7-2-11. Andrew's journey
    Congratulations to my TTCAL buddy Carolee on her BFP! Stick, baby!
    Congratulations to elbandas09, cherylanddoug, tctibbe(MsPegees) and alliejoe for their take home babies!
  • Options
    ijackijack member

You're an awesome wife for thinking about him - I think I was so lost in my own fog that even though I knew it was hard on him I couldn't really do much about it. Since I was in the hospital he "ran" our house, including selling it, buying a new one and all the packing (with help from our parents). And the bed pans - I still remember the first night DH was helping me with mine, I was laughing hysterically and then it turned into sobbing because I couldn't believe we were doing it.

For me I made sure that he got a chance to go out with his friends a couple times just to blow off steam, he also traveled for work quite a bit so he did get a break. Maybe have a friend take him to a baseball game or something? Or just out for beers? 

Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"