Multiples

NMR: THE DRESS - What did you think?!!

I loved it.  So Grace Kelly, so classic, and yet so simple.  I NEVER like tiaras, and I loved the tiara- very elegant and not massive.  Loved her earrings, LOVED that she wore her hair down, and I loved her veil.  Dying to find out what her shoes really looked like- there was only a quick shot of them when she was getting out of the carriage.

Pippa's dress was beautiful- but I'm so surprised that it was white.  I kept thinking maybe it was a petal or champagne but it was just hard to tell on TV - but no, they said it was white.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: NMR: THE DRESS - What did you think?!!

• #6#6 member

I totally agree!  I did think the bottom would be a tad more elaborate but still a beautiful dress.  

ADORED Pippas dress.  She was gorgeous.  :)   

• I was confused about Pippa's dress too but they said on TV that in England it is traditional for all of the brides attendants to wear white and dress similarly to the bride.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Should have added that I wasn't a huge fan of her boquet.  I thought it should be a bit bigger (glad it wasn't HUGE though).
  • #6#6 member

Yes it was very small and ugly.  Looks like a ball of weeds.  

• I loved the dress - I was surprised though - I thought it wouldn't be that puffy, but it was beautiful!
  • Reminded me of Grace Kelly as well. I thought she looked beautiful...everyone did. What a lovely event.
  • I thought it was beautiful and elegant.  Very classic.

I think I read someplace that bridesmaids would traditionally wear white so as to confuse any spirits or enemies from kidnapping the bride.  As a superstition. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimagemy read shelf:
    Melanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Pippa was a show stopper indeed! Gorgeous.

I think you hit Kate's dress spot on - Grace Kelly 100%. She was stunning and so classy. I wasn't sure what I thought of it at first, but the more I looked at her the  more I loved it. Her gorgeous figure doesn't hurt either :)

I can't wait to see what that dress does to 2012 weddings. I think it's going to shift the trend styles in a major way.

• imagenikinikinine:

Pippa was a show stopper indeed! Gorgeous.

I think you hit Kate's dress spot on - Grace Kelly 100%. She was stunning and so classy. I wasn't sure what I thought of it at first, but the more I looked at her the  more I loved it. Her gorgeous figure doesn't hurt either :)

I can't wait to see what that dress does to 2012 weddings. I think it's going to shift the trend styles in a major way.

I agree.  I was married in January and wanted a long sleeve gown, or 3/4 sleeve, but it was almost impossible to find - unless you wanted to spend $$$$$.  I wanted something 30s/40s inspired.  I'm not a fan of strapless wedding dresses.  I couldn't find what I really wanted in my price range, so I went with a lace overlay dress with buttons down the back and thin straps.

I think this will help bring some sleeves back into the picture- which is exciting!

• I really loved it! It wasn't what I expected at all really, but it's beautiful on her! She's so gorgeous!!!

But yeah her bouquet....not so much.

photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LOVED it! Loved everything: the tiara, the veil, her hair.  I had read that she claimed that she loved Grace Kelly's dress, and I saw the resemblance immediately. Stunning.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • MrsVoMrsVo member
    imageLucky*Ducky:

Yes it was very small and ugly.  Looks like a ball of weeds.  

LOL!!  My thoughts excatly!

I thought the dress was lovely but got lost a bit in the HUGE venue.  I would have liked to see a little sparkle :)

Diagnosed PCOS 2/07, TTC #1 since 8/09
    11/10 - Clomid Round 1 = BFN
    12/10 - Clomid Round 2 = BFN
    1/11 - Voluntary Break = BFN (duh)
    2/11 - Clomid Round 3 = BFN
    3/11 - Femara + IUI = BFP * Beta#1=56 * Beta#2=266
    *Cautiously expecting baby girls on November 28, 2011*
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree with you Amanda - I thought she looked beautiful, and so genuinely happy.

I thought that all the ceremony was fascinating.  I love weddings!

• Loved the dress.  LOVED.  Perfection.

Hated the bouquet.  Thought the Abbey would have more flowers.

Her hair was just eh, especially with that tiara/veil.  I saw her in an updo the day before, which was gorgeous, so I was a little disappointed in her hair (and makeup).

But really, she is stunning.  Just stunning.

My girls woke me up at 3 am, so I got to watch live!

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Totally agree with this.  Is it so pathetic that I was tearing up?  She looked gorgeous.
  • Absolutely loved her dress. That is the type of dress I would want if I had a wedding. So beautiful!
    Mom to six awesome kids - Levi is 12, Landen is 8, Gabrielle is 6, Lucas is 3, and Oliver and Samuel are 2 years old. Love my crew. Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekimarino13:

Loved the dress.  LOVED.  Perfection.

Hated the bouquet.  Thought the Abbey would have more flowers.

Her hair was just eh, especially with that tiara/veil.  I saw her in an updo the day before, which was gorgeous, so I was a little disappointed in her hair (and makeup).

But really, she is stunning.  Just stunning.

My girls woke me up at 3 am, so I got to watch live!

I read on People.com that she was going to do her own makeup, not sure how accurate it is but I do usually use People as my source for "accurate celebrity news."  Wink  Apparently, she hated the makeup that was done for the engagement pictures and wiped it off and did it herself and so she got lessons from a make up artist since then and decided to do it herself for the wedding.  Or that's what People says anyway. Embarrassed

I loved the dress but didn't love the ruffly things on the back and would have loved to see a longer veil but I thought she looked gorgeous.

• Eh, I wasn't impressed.  I wasn't expecting anything over the top like Diana's, but I just didn't think much of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"