Preemies

CPAP trial #1

DD decided yesterday that she had just had it with her ET tube and extubated herself for the fourth time! lucky for me I missed it the first three - it was a scary 20 minutes thats for sure! they had to bag her and call the doctor and finally they decided that she would get her way and try CPAP - Well that was at 4:30 in the afternoon yesterday and shes still doing great on her "scuba gear" - I'm so proud of my little munchkin doing all that breathing on her own! I'm so scared they will have to reintubate her but I know that's ok if it happens - but so far so good!!!
image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: CPAP trial #1

• My Baby B did the same thing....he was on the vent again after being on CPAP for just 36 hours. He self-extubated himself a week later and he's been on CPAP since. On any day though, I'm prepared for him to go back on the vent....sometimes they just get tired and need the break. So please don't get upset if she goes back on!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is SO awesome, go little girl!!!! Hopefully my babies are right behind her Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • That's great!! I hope she keeps doing well. Emily barely made it 24hrs before she went back to the vent, just wasn't ready... T&P your LO keeps up the amazing-ness!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • My LO graduated to CPAP exactly the same way! Hope she keeps doing great!
  • That is awesome! Try not to get discouraged if she needs to go back on the vent. My ds dwas extubated and put on CPAP three times before it stuck. Anytime off the vent gives their lungs time to exercise and grow, which is good!
  • Great news!  Our little guy was on the CPAP early, but he went back and forth off the CPAP a couple of times.  Everyone will tell you not to get your hopes up, but you will.  You can't help it.  And then, if she has to take a rest by going back on the vent, you'll be crushed.  Logically, you KNOW it's okay if your baby has to go back and forth a few times, but it's still emotionally hard.

It sound like your little girl is doing well, though!  I love reading your updates. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"