D.C. Area Babies
Options

Blood with pumping?

So I've had a bleb for at least a month and a half, and have just been dealing with it as best as I can.  Today when I pumped, there was blood coming out of it.  Not a lot, but the milk is tinted pink.  Can I still freeze it for C?  I reduced the pumping suction strength and put Lansinoh on after pumping, so hopefully it will settle down before next pumping session.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Blood with pumping?

• Options
    I think it should be fine. I nursed w/ a bleb for about 2 months and DS never noticed the difference. 
    image Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    With DD #2 I had cracks and a little blood.  My LC told me it was fine to keep nursing.  She said that blood isn't digestible but ingesting it is not harmful.  It may cause a bit of a tummy ache or an off-colored stool, but isn't bad for the baby.  If you are freezing the milk and don't already freeze in individual size portions, I would do that.  When you give them, I would space out the portions so your LO doesn't get it all on one day or in one week - maybe over a couple weeks?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"