Breastfeeding
Options

Cough Medicine?

I would typically ask my doctor this, but of course they have been closed for three days moving offices Angry  Can anyone recomend a safe cough/chest congestion medicine to take while nursing?  The pharmacist recommended plain Robitussin, but it has done nothing.  I plan on trying to get into my GP on Monday if I am not better, but we have company all weekend and would love to be able to visit with out hacking up a lung!

Thanks!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Cough Medicine?

• Options
    My lc recommended the cold-eez drops. I didn't try them, but I heard they work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

this may sound pretty holistic but I boil a pot of water and drop some tea tree oil in it and turn it off, I put a towel over my head and put my face as close to the steam as possible (don't burn yourself) I cover the pot and my head as much as I can stand and take deep breaths, it works good to take them in through the nose but sometimes the steam makes that hard so just try to take as many breaths as you can. I even do it when I am in the shower,but is is less effective. I also like peppermint oil. 

I also love tea when I am coughing, a strong black tea is best but I love peppermint tea and there is a brand called 'yogi' they make a 'throat coat' it works amazingly well! It also helps to sweeten your tea with honey, which is my fav method anyways.

I recommend the first remedy do it throughout the day and It will work. I was almost always sick as a child I would get horrible croup cough and my mom made a 'tent' for me with my pot of water it was the most soothing thing besides having her by my side.

if you are having head congestion you can try a 'neti pot' it works well just don't use it wrong or you get that horrible water headache and I hate that, but it clears your sinuses well. 

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"