Washington Babies

Anyone a major couponer here?

I'm just getting into using coupons more strategically. :)  Does anyone know of stores that double coupons?  I have friends on other boards/blogs I follow who talk about this, but I don't know of any stores around here that do this!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone a major couponer here?

• Here's the thing: We get the shaft here in Washington. Kroger doubles, but we only have stores that SELL Kroger. Some Safeways double, but not on Western Washington. If you want to move down to Vancouver, you're in luck. Wink

The best you can do is Albertsons doublers which come up once or twice a month. You can only use three in one transaction (the coupon you're doubling must be $1 or under) but it's better than nothing.

I am very into Target lately because they have store coupons that you can stack with a manufacturer coupon for a lot of items, and often that ends up being better than doubling.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • No stores in Western WA that I know of double coupons. Albertsons will have doublers up to a $1.00 value in Sunday's ads sometimes, but not every week. Also Kmart also does doubling events every so often.

I often wonder if we have some sort of legislature regarding this since in other states, Safeway banners offer doubling and well as other Kroger banners. We have 2 Kroger banner stores here, but we don't get their doubling. :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That's what I thought.  When I first saw it mentioned online, I was like, stores actually do that somewhere?!?!  Do you guys know, is there some kind of law prohibiting it here?
  • Sort of related - my parents saw them filming an episode of Extreme Couponing (or whatever that show is called) at the Fred Meyer's in Thrasher's Corner (Bothell) recently.  I thought that was odd because we have the sucky no-doubling laws here, but I'll be interested to see how they worked out some smokin' deal!

• KNemoKNemo member

imagem&m823:

I thought that was odd because we have the sucky no-doubling laws here, but I'll be interested to see how they worked out some smokin' deal!

Okay this makes no sense to me. The southern part of WA can use in-ad doublers, but not the northern and central part. If it is really a law, wouldn't it affect the whole state, or is it a county thing?

The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• imageKNemo:

imagem&m823:

I thought that was odd because we have the sucky no-doubling laws here, but I'll be interested to see how they worked out some smokin' deal!

Okay this makes no sense to me. The southern part of WA can use in-ad doublers, but not the northern and central part. If it is really a law, wouldn't it affect the whole state, or is it a county thing?

I think it is more a marketing and competition thing, but I don't know enough about the grocery biz to say much more than that.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• imageMrsEditorJax:

Here's the thing: We get the shaft here in Washington. Kroger doubles, but we only have stores that SELL Kroger. Some Safeways double, but not on Western Washington. If you want to move down to Vancouver, you're in luck. Wink

The best you can do is Albertsons doublers which come up once or twice a month. You can only use three in one transaction (the coupon you're doubling must be $1 or under) but it's better than nothing.

I am very into Target lately because they have store coupons that you can stack with a manufacturer coupon for a lot of items, and often that ends up being better than doubling.

This is actually store/checker-dependant, I think.  I've gone in there with 6 of them (3 from my Sunday paper, 3 from BFF's) and they've taken all 6.   They also take Manufacturer and Store coupons for the same item. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"