Baby Showers
Options

Fun baby shower games.....

Go........
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fun baby shower games.....

• Options
    Honestly, "fun baby shower games" sounds like an oxymoron to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

This one is pretty gross and really depends on how "proper" everyone is and how comfortable everyone is.

We did this at my cousin's shower and everyone laughed there butts off!

1. Diaper changing contest. Several baby dolls wearing diapers and covered with chocolate pudding. Wipes provided. Whoever changes the diaper first (and baby is clean) wins.

2. Diapers with chocolate pudding and cake crumbs. Each person must eat out of the diaper. No Hands. First done wins. It's funny because the thought is what sikes people out.

3. Not a gross one: We had to make a list of names using the letters from the mom and the dad. Whoever could come up with the most names won.

That's all I can remember right now. (:

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLaComtesse:

Ha!  I'm not a huge fan of shower games either, so we are only playing one game - baby gift bingo.  Each person is given a blank bingo card and instructed to fill in the squares with names of common baby gifts (onesie, bottles, bibs, swing, blanket, etc.).  As mom-to-be opens her gifts and calls out the name of the baby item, you mark your square.

As a guest, I think gift opening is often boring and LONG, so I'm hoping this gives them something to do during that time.

From other showers I?ve attended, the most fun (but common, I believe) game is a memory one.  The host walks around with a tray of baby items and each guest should attempt to memorize all the items on the tray.  You are then given a few minutes to write down the names of as many items as you can remember; the person with the most correct answers wins.  The tray contains about 20 small items like baby socks, medicine, pacifier, wash rag, teething ring, nail clippers, etc.
  • Options

For my sister's we're throwing:

1. Feed The Piggy. We are hiding loose change all around the house for people to collect. Whoever finds the most (by weight) wins.

2. Guess the baby. We will have pictures of celebrities and family members as babies for people to try to match up the baby picture to the correct person.

3. Name the baby. Guests will have to name the baby animals (ie: Cow = calf).

4. Price is Right. One for mommy to be and one for baby.

5. Not a game, but a fun project. We were going to have a scrapbook for people to make a page for a letter of the alphabet so when the baby is learning to read in a few years, s/he will have this fun book. We have since changed it to a blanket guest book. Each guest will write a small note to the baby on a piece of cloth and put on iron on decals or patches, etc onto their patch and we are going to make a quilt of the fabrics. That way s/he can keep it their entire life.

My Old Blog | My Chart | TTCAL Shenanigans
    ♥BFP #1 "Spawn"- 02/23/11 | EDD: 11/01/11 | natural m/c 03/20/11 @7w5d♥
    ♥BFP #2 "Offspring"- 11/10/12 | EDD: 07/25/13 | incomplete m/c 12/14/12 @8w1d | D&C 12/21/12♥
    ♥BFP #3 "Progeny" - 02/16/15 | It's a BOY!! | EDD: 10/17/15 | BD: 10/23/15
    All AL Always Welcome

• Options

Take the wrappers off of baby food jars, write a number on the bottom of the jar (1 through how ever many jars), write down the name of the food along with the number that goes to it on a piece of paper.

Have each guest grab a jar of baby food and try to guess what it is by smelling or tasting. Provide a baby spoon (which the mother-to-be will get to keep) for tasting. Person who guesses the correct baby food wins.

This seemed to be a hit at all the showers that I saw it played at. It's funny to watch the guests curl their nose if they don't like the smell or taste of their jar of food lol.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageLaComtesse:

ITA.  I hate games at showers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"