Military Families
Options

Urgent! How does Tricare deal with induction-? Appt in am!!

I cant seem to find anything about this online so I really hope there is someone awake right now that can answer this question for me.

I am supposed to be induced in the morning...I am past my due date but only by a couple days, I think it is still considered a 'social induction' because it has yet to become medically necessary to get baby out right away.  How will Tricare handle this? Will things still be covered even if the induction is 'medically necessary' but I am past my due date?  ~ I am also still on the fence about whether or not I will even go through with the induction or wait it out the 4 days remaining til week 41 (when OB says I wont have a choice anymore - but it's also possible DH wont be able to be there) UGH!! I'm really stressing out. Anyone have any ideas?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Urgent! How does Tricare deal with induction-? Appt in am!!

• Options
    If your doctor deems it medically needed then it is covered.
    30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    Are you Prime or Standard? Are you being seen at a base hospital? If you're on base then there's really no concern. If you're in town, as long as the doctor makes sure to note it as medically necessary and not "requested" there shouldn't be any issues either :)
    ~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was one day over and induced. But, my BP was scary high and Gracie had to come out. So mine was medically necessary. The whole thing was covered.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageLemonLover33:
    If your doctor deems it medically needed then it is covered.

This. I was induced the morning of my due date after being admitted the night before for observation (had been having steady contrax w/no progress and white cell count was high). My OB consulted I think w/a neonatologist if I remember correctly (we were on base w/no NICU) and that's when he made the call to bring me in and then iduce in the morning. I was induced and ended up w/a c/s and everything was fine. But like I said I was on a base and was Prime.

ETA: Yayyy!! Your baby's almost here Party!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have Standard, was induced and ended up with a c-section, and everything was covered.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"