Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Nose-picking?

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this.  DD (4) has been doing it for a few months now.  We always ask her if she wants a tissue and she says no and sometimes gets mad.  We don't punish her but let her know that it is not acceptable behavior.  Has anyone tried anything that worked to stop this behavior?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Nose-picking?

• Options
    NOthing has worked for us, DS1 will pick his nose until he bleeds, so we always tell him to stop picking before he gets a boo-boo again. I've tried the tissue, and I've told him it's OK to pick his nose if he's using a tissue. But that hasn't worked either. sigh. I hope he will figure it out soon though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We're starting to deal with a bit of this too.

I haven't done it yet but the "you must do that in private" approach worked WELL for the hands down the pants issue so I think that' the approach I'm gonna take.

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DD has been picking her nose for probably close to a year now. I've tried telling her she needs to use a tissue, or go to the bathroom, or stop because it spreads germs (which was her pedi's suggestion). Now, when I catch her, I just say, "No picking!" and she stops right away. (The same with "No biting!" as nail-biting is another bad habit of hers.)

Unfortunately nothing has worked to kick either bad habit for good. :(

Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • Options

Nothing worked for us, I think last summer DS had a tan line on his finger from all of the picking. It has thankfully slowed down a ton now though.

Once DH asked DS why he was always picking and DS responsed with "Because Dad that's what kids do, kids pick noses"

Can't argue with that I guess. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"