Multiples
Options

Babywise MoMs/Those on a Schedule - Any Advice?

Our twins are 6 wks old, we have them on a feeding (Eat, Wake, Sleep) schedule of 5, 8, 11, 2, 5, 8, 10:30 (pretty consistent, but it does vary occasionally if they are extra hungry, etc.) and then whenever they wake up during the night, usually around 2. Lately, they have been sleeping through the early morning feeding (sleeping till about 7, sometimes with some holding/rocking for DS), and we haven't been waking them up because we really need the extra sleep! But, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions to help to get them to delay the 2 am feeding instead of the 5 am feeding..since that is the one we eventually want to get rid of. Thanks!
imageimage

Re: Babywise MoMs/Those on a Schedule - Any Advice?

• Options

my twins are 7 weeks old. how did you get them on an every 3 hour schedule? when you say they are on a 3 hour schedule, does this mean sleep for 3 hours or from feeding to feeding? starting at 11 pm they will sleep one 4 hour stretch and then a 3 hour stretch but through out the day they only sleep 2 hours.  

thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image imageimage image image
  • Options
    My boys didn't drop their 3 am feeding until almost 4 months. The went to bed at 7, quick feed around 3 and then back down until almost 7. You could try to extend with a pacifier, but at 6 weeks they may just be hungry.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

They don't sleep 3 hours during the day! :) Sorry for that confusion. They eat every 3 hours from when they last started eating. So, the 3 hours includes a feeding, waketime, and a nap (1 1/2 - 2 hours).

I dont' think they are ready to sleep through the night, I just wish their longer stretch would be during the early part of the night rather than the later part because we'll have to start waking them up at 5am either way when we are both back at work. Maybe we will try a pacifier, thanks!

imageimage
  • Options
    We were on a 3.5h schedule.  We did an 11p dreamfeed and then we'd set an alarm for 2:30, because we felt like it was less stressful to get up before the babies woke up hungry and screaming.  Around 10 or 11 weeks, after I noticed it was getting more difficult for them to finish their bottles at that time without falling asleep that we decided to see how long they could go.  When they woke up, we'd try a paci to see if it was really hunger or just habit.  By 11 or 12 weeks they'd dropped that feeding.
  • Options
    At 6 weeks, I would follow their lead as far as feedings go.  Eventually, they'll up their intake during the day and then extend their sleep at night.  Just before mine did that, they usually cluster fed in the evenings from 5-8 which helped them extend night sleep as well.  That was closer to 8 weeks adjusted, so you're not far off!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"