Blended Families

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat...

So I just get a call from SS High School.  He is getting a referral because he was horseplaying squirting ketchup and some of it fell on a girl's shirt.  She's in an uproar because it supposedly new and cost $70 from Lord and Taylor, and she wants him to pay the entire cost. The parents will be the deciding factor as to whether he can try to dry clean it/wash it or pay the full $70.  So guess who's going to have to dish out a weekend's worth of work at the movie theater? 

**He posted on his FB last night "Nothing hurts more than regret, I wish I could just go back in time and fix all of my mistakes".

OY!  Tongue Tied

Re: Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat...

• Love the FB status... Girls are not the only ones with drama, drama, drama.  Sigh.
    Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • Oh my. It must be tough on the inside, but I read that and thought, "Gee, if only I could go back to the days when my biggest problem was the aftermath of horseplay."

He sounds like a nice kid who got a just a little rambunctious. :)

• Loading the player...
  • No sympathy from me.  Kids need to learn that there are always consequences to their actions. 

HORSEPLAY does not just affect the two-three people involved.  At the very least, their noisey interplay can be a distraction.  But now we know that it can lead to a very expensive mistake.

My SS continually refuses to learn from these moments.  And I no longer care to hear him whine NOR do I go out of my way to find him ways to earn extra cash around the house NOR do I front him the money for a pay back. 

At some point he has to flip that switch, and ANY assistance on my part is enabling him to stay dim.  I just wish I could get my DH to follow the same path.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"