North Florida Babies
Options

Playgroups

At what age [baby] do you start participating in play groups?  My DD is about 5 months old so she really wouldn't interact w/other babies.  I know a lot of people say that it's mainly for the Mom's at that age anyways.  Also, is there a good website to find playgroups in your area?  I living in Fleming Island.

Re: Playgroups

• Options
    I got together with my girlfriends with babies of similar ages (we had a huge baby boom in our group in 2007/2008!) and our kids have grown up together.  I'm in Fleming Island too, but I haven't found any playgroups out here that work with my schedule (I work fulltime), unfortunately.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    You can always try places like Gymboree or My Gym
    DSC04873-1 AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We started going to MyGym when DD was 6 months old.  At that age, it really is more for the moms.  It helped me to get out of the house and interact with people my age :)

The library storytime is another good place to meet people.  I met a friend through going to storytime and she told me about a great mom's group that she found through meetup.com.

There are several mom's groups listed on meetup.

Mungee and Me
    How is it that my BABY is going to be 3?

BFP-2/25/11; 8 Wk U/S-3/25/11-No HB, measured 6.5 wks; D&C
  • Options

Thanks for the suggestions.  I think I may look into My Gym and possibly a Stroller Strides class.  She's just a little temperamental when it comes to the stroller.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"