Working Moms

I am off to DC tomorrow at 6 am!

I get a bed to myself sans two wiggly 4 years-olds and a husband, the bathroom to myself and I am on the executive floor with morning continental breakfast and evening liquor and snacks. And steps from the White House!

Wahoo!

Re: I am off to DC tomorrow at 6 am!

• ohhhh - fancy you!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • a bed to yourself AND liquor and snacks?! heaven...enjoy!!!
  • imageKathrynMD:
    ohhhh - fancy you!
    I am splitting the cost with my sister who is arriving on Friday night!
  • Yes
    I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • imageSpenjamins:
    imageKathrynMD:
    ohhhh - fancy you!

This makes it all the more appealing! 

And, you get one night all to yourself! 

I assumed this was a work thing, but now when you add sister, I think just fun girls trip.  Which is it and how long (nosy, nosy me!)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't know what to do with myself. Enjoy!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That sounds like a great trip!
  • besides the rain tomorrow morning it is supposed to be beautiful all weekend! great trip planningBig Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds great! Enjoy!
  • imageKathrynMD:

imageSpenjamins:
    imageKathrynMD:
    ohhhh - fancy you!

This makes it all the more appealing! 

And, you get one night all to yourself! 

I assumed this was a work thing, but now when you add sister, I think just fun girls trip.  Which is it and how long (nosy, nosy me!)

My Gandpa is in DC from London where he is living now -  and is pretty sick (dialysis, advanced Parkinson's...)  So a lot of family members are flying in to see him while he is here.  I know it sounds dreary but I think my sis and I are more excited to see him one more time - and I think it is about his time.   So the plan is to be available WHENEVER he is able to see us and then take in some sights when he is not.
  • kj07kj07 member

When i saw the title I couldn't understand why you were so excited to head off to daycare at 6am tomorrow. 

But I love DC!  Have a great time, enjoy your grandpa and the sights.

photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Yea!  Welcome to DC!  Be sure to have a martini and oysters at Old Ebbitt Grill.  Oh how I miss happy hour at Ebbitt...

ETA:  Go to the bar in the front on the left hand side just after you enter through the front doors.  It's the smallest bar in the restaurant but the best! 

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• imageluvmagoldn:

Yea!  Welcome to DC!  Be sure to have a martini and oysters at Old Ebbitt Grill.  Oh how I miss happy hour at Ebbitt...

ETA:  Go to the bar in the front on the left hand side just after you enter through the front doors.  It's the smallest bar in the restaurant but the best! 

Bummer - wish we could meet there for martinis or I could meet those deIicious kids of yours!

I have been corresponding with my Grandfather's wife - who I adore - and she is planning on cooking almost every night for us.  Which I APPRECIATE.  She is a quite fiery and proper English woman so I ain't saying no to her and of course, this trip is about my Grandfather - but MAN! I am gonna have to pull some late nighters to get some DC cooking!

Hey - what is your favorite museum?  I did the Newseum a couple of years ago which was cool. I heard there is a new Spy Museum?  I really want just two hours at the American History Museum since it was closed for renos last time I was there.

I LOVE DC! I don't know what I love more DC or SF. 

Ok I am rambling because I am hopped up on caffeine since I have to leave at 3 am to catch my flight.  Good news is, once I hit the airplane seat I am asleep before the doors close.

• imageSpenjamins:
    imageluvmagoldn:

Yea!  Welcome to DC!  Be sure to have a martini and oysters at Old Ebbitt Grill.  Oh how I miss happy hour at Ebbitt...

Bummer - wish we could meet there for martinis or I could meet those deIicious kids of yours!

I have been corresponding with my Grandfather's wife - who I adore - and she is planning on cooking almost every night for us.  Which I APPRECIATE.  She is a quite fiery and proper English woman so I ain't saying no to her and of course, this trip is about my Grandfather - but MAN! I am gonna have to pull some late nighters to get some DC cooking!

Hey - what is your favorite museum?  I did the Newseum a couple of years ago which was cool. I heard there is a new Spy Museum?  I really want just two hours at the American History Museum since it was closed for renos last time I was there.

I LOVE DC! I don't know what I love more DC or SF. 

Ok I am rambling because I am hopped up on caffeine since I have to leave at 3 am to catch my flight.  Good news is, once I hit the airplane seat I am asleep before the doors close.

Welcome to DC! I work downtown and live in Arlington. Definitely check out the American History Museum! It's really much nicer nowadays. I love the National Gallery of Art. There is some amazing artwork in there.

Have fun!

Off to the beach

DS 7/18/2010
    Handy 2.0 Due Early August

2011/2012 Races
    12/17/2011 Christmas Caper 10K
    2/11/2012 Have a Heart 5K
    3/17/2012 DC RNR Half Marathon
    4/22/2012 10M Parkway Classic
    10/28/2012 Marine Corps Marathon
  • Enjoy your time with family.  Gatherings like that happen far too seldom.

As for the museums, I hear the Spy Museum is fun but I haven't been.  The American History museum is always interesting!

If you make it to the Spy Museum tell me all about it!  Smile

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"