Pregnant after 35

New to board

Hi All,

I am 34, but I turn 35 in September and my appleseed is due December 26th. This is my 2nd pregnancy in 6 months but hopefully my first baby! Since I had a mc in December, I already saw my Dr. to confirm that I am pregnant and I have my first ultrasound in a week - I am getting myself a little worked up about this because I have only had 2 ultrasounds before. One showed that my baby was not as far developped as it should be, and the other showed that it had gone. I also have absolutely no symptoms, which is making it difficult to believe that I'm pregnant!!

All this depressing stuff being said, I am excited for the potential that this could be a healthy pregnancy resulting in a healthy baby. I think I just don't want to get my hopes up too high because of what happened last time!

Any advice and support would be appreciated!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: New to board

• Welcome and best wishes for you.

My only symptoms were feeling like crap... I had no idea I was pregnant until 7.5 weeks in, so don't let that concern you much Smile

The first ultrasound was totally surreal.. all I could think of was.. that can't be a baby in there... (We weren't trying to get pregnant).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Try to think about other things before the u/s appt. or you'll drive yourself crazy.  I'm 7.5 weeks and have had barely any symptoms.  A little nausea and some fatigue starting a couple of weeks ago.  Sending happy thoughts and hugs Left Hug your way for a happy and healthy baby. 
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you both for the responses. Most days I'm pretty positive...but today seems like a paranoid day!! Hopefully this will pass. Thanks for the encouragement. Wishing you both happy and healthy 9 months.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome & congrats!

I didn't have any symptoms either, so don't stress on that!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • welcome and try to enjoy this time - I know it's hard.  T&P with you until you get to see your little appleseed!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats and welcome! So sorry to hear about your previous loss. Wishing you ALL the best with this little one. I don't have much advice...except to do things for you to get through the worry-phases. I am 38 with #3 on the way in Oct. I remember finding out at 5 weeks and then counting down each week until at least 10...then I started feeling better about things. I will say that this board has been really beneficial with support and helping normalize some of my feelings about pregnancy in general. I hope that you find it as helpful!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Welcome to the board! Good luck to you and your LO for the next 9 months!

Other than one serious bout of smell-induced m/s, I have had absolutely no symptoms.  I guess my breasts feel a bit heavier than normal but that is about it.

Don't worry about it too much - I think those of us who don't get really ill just don't talk about it too much because others suffer something awful.

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Welcome, congratulations and piles of sticky dust!

I had pretty much no symptoms through the whole first trimester, except for getting tired more easily and, of course, paranoia that something was wrong.  Try not to worry! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"