LGBT Parenting
Options

Can I get a do over?

So I just need to rewind and start this day all over again!

I woke up to Ky fussing a bit right before my alarm. I go get her a bottle to drink in bed with Ann while I get ready for work. I walk into my daughter laying in a pile of vomit. When did she throw up? No idea. I never heard it and I am a very light sleeper. So I get her cleaned up and plop her in bed with the mom. I get read for work and we head out.

I am maybe 10 blocks form my house and I turn onto the main drag off of the half residential/half business street our complex is on. That is when the car behind me turns on its lights...I SWEAR I stopped a full stop, I had to of stopped there was traffic! Turns out the street that starts out as 35 in the city I live in changes to 25 when I hit the next town 3 blocks later. I was going 37.

This is where it starts to get ugly. I have dealt with the police in M (where my mom lives and I grew up) once before when I was speeding (yes I see a theme here) 4 years ago. I had a brand new car jointly purchased with Ann. I had it 3 days at this point and had not received my new insurance card in the mail. That was issue number one. Issue number two was the one that caused the officer to be completely rude to me. The car registration was only coming up under Ann B. I was Deb S. My license was old and had me at my previous address and Ann's/car's address was our current one. The officer asked how I was related to Ann B. and came to be driving HER car (which I resented anyway as it was the car we bought for ME) and being the honest forthcoming person I am I stated, "She is my wife." Well it was not pretty after that and while I still got a ticket, I also wrote a nicely worded letter to the police department about the harassment I received.

So I do not have a good impression of the police in M and this man did nothing to help it. So of course I am upset and I cry when I am upset. He begins by questions my insurance card (I have two of the exact same car jsut different years/colors) and apparently I handed him the wrong one. Then he asks me about any previous citations. With the mornign I had the question caught me COMPLETELY off guard and I told him about the one a few years ago not even thinking about the two I received in college 7+ years ago. Well after he took his lovely 20 minutes to write his ticket he came back and asked why I did not disclose those to him. I explained about my morning and how he caught me completely off guard and I am very upset by this. His repsonse was that one of my prior tickets I did not disclose was for failure to maintain clear distance and I caused an accident (basically I had to slam on my brakes because all the other cars in front of me did and my poor old tank of a car did not stop and hit the bumper in front of me causing 0 damage to my car and a dent in their bumper) and I was awful close to the car inf ront of me this morning. There was no car in front of me. He then proceeds to tell me how most drivers slow down and are very cautious when there is an officer behind them but not me I just kept on speeding and paid no attention to my surroundings, etc, etc. Again in my defese I did not htink I was speeding, I had my seatbelt on, Ky was secure in her seat, I was well aware of the 0 cars around me and the officer behind me....He then asks my phone number and makes me repeat it 4 times as "he is not understanding me."  Then he proceeds to explain every section of the ticket. I have never had an officer do this before and clearly he just pulled my driving record and can see this is not my first one.

So I was 10 minutes late to work and am now sitting at my desk with cold pizza and a pepsi for breakfast (thanks mommy) still sniffling and looking very much like an abused person with how red my face is and puffy my eyes are.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Can I get a do over?

• Options
    That just bites in nearly every way possible. I am so sorry for your crap morning.  Ugh.  I hope for some bright spots later on in your day Smile
  • Options
    ((hugs)) I hope your day gets better!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What an awful start to your day!!  I hope it improves quickly!  
    TTC with PCOS since July 2011.
    IVF Oct/Nov 2012
    Beta #1 = 77, Beta #2 = 190, Beta #3 = 1044
    Cautiously optimistic.
  • Options
    What a duchebag!  i'm sorry for your terrible morning :(
  • Options
    what a horrible morning! I hope it gets better!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks everyone...my cube neighbor brought in cookies and cream cake and gave me a big piece when they heard about my morning.

Also Ky's random nighttime throw up was a fluke, she is feeling jsut fine and she and mamaw are taking a walk to enjoy the first day of sun after what seems like two weeks of rain.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You poor thing! What a hideous morning. Big hugs and I hope it gets better.
  • Options

I AGREE - What a duchebag!  I'm sorry for your terrible morning also  and hope the rest of your day is a HAPPY one ... and  YAY FOR COOKIES AND CREAM CAKE - whatever is cream cake it sounds phenomenal ...

- J 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

Oh my goodness, what an awful morning. So glad to hear Ky is okay and not puking any more. Hope you have a very relaxing evening and a wonderful morning tomorrow to make up for it all!

married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options
    Yuck! Hope things have settled down for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"