Working Moms
Options

Pumping at work

What do you do with your breast pump between pumping session?  Currently I wash it after every pumping session since I'm still at home, but when I return, do I need to wash it between every session, just rinse it, other?

Re: Pumping at work

• Options
    I rinse really well between sessions and then wash them after my last session of the day. I leave my spare set of parts at work so I don't have to bring them back everyday and chance forgetting them.
  • Options

Depending on where I was pumping, I rinsed my pump parts out (if I had a sink available) and put them in the fridge (if I had a fridge available). If I had neither a sink nor a fridge, e.g. if I was pumping in the car, I used the Medela quick clean wipes. Then I did a thorough cleaning when I got home at night.

Breast milk is good for up to 10 hours at room temperature, so there's really no need to wash pump parts during the work day.

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I kept everything in the thermal enfamil bag we got at the hospital, and stuck it in the fridge.  I put the plastic pump parts (cones?) in gallon size ziploc baggies just in case something got into the bag. 
  • Options
    I don't wash after every session. I pump and then put the milk in bottles in the fridge, and put the pump parts in a ziploc bag in the fridge. Washing parts at work is a pain, and if they are in the fridge there is really no need to. Good luck! It definitely can be done...I'm going on 3 months back at work now :-).
  • Options

I use a Medela wipe on the parts after I pump the first time, then after the 2nd time I stick them in the zip loc bag dirty and bring them home to wash. 

It's actually cheaper and quicker to buy another set of parts than to use the wipes, but I only realized this after I bought a bunch of wipes!   

• Options
    I just rinse in between sessions at work, most times I use hot water from the coffee/tea machine in the breakroom. When I get home then I wash and steriliize.
    Sign up to get great deals!! http://www.nomorerack.com/?cr=2654096 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Going on 8 months pumping at work...

I don't wash my pump parts at all during the day.  After the first use, I stick them in a sandwich bag and store them in the cooler with my milk in the fridge.  When I get home, I wash everything with hot soapy water, or stick everything in the dishwasher.

I hate washing those freaking pump parts, why do it more than is required??

• Options
    imagespringtime81:

Going on 8 months pumping at work...

I don't wash my pump parts at all during the day.  After the first use, I stick them in a sandwich bag and store them in the cooler with my milk in the fridge.  When I get home, I wash everything with hot soapy water, or stick everything in the dishwasher.

I hate washing those freaking pump parts, why do it more than is required??

same here

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I put it all in a freezer bag then in my mini fridge under my`desk then wash at home
    Mama to D 6.16.08 and C 3.11.10
    Tales of the Wife

imageimage
  • Options
    I pump in an empty office and keep my pump in a cabinet in there.  That way I don't have to always lug it around and set it up for each session.  I use the cleaning wipes in between sessions.  I have 3 or 4 (I can't remember) sets of parts so that I don't have to wash them every night, and I have tons of bottles.  I am only home for about 2 hours before my daughter goes to bed and then I want to relax, not wash pump stuff. 
  • Options

I pump twice a day, I rinse them off with hot water and dry them after both use, then I keep one set at work all week and then bring them home on friday and put them in the dishwasher. That is one less thing I have to bring into work everyday.  

My work has a hostipal grade pump that we can use, So i just keep the part in a purse and keep at my desk. So everyone does not know that I going to pump when I carry the purse around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I just rinsed the parts under hot water after I used them, and washed everything every night when I got home. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"