North Carolina Babies

Moms of PT Kiddos

Can your LO pull their own pants up & down? My mom said I should not bother PT Caleb until he can. I figure I'll have to help him with the potty anyway so I'm not sure it matters. Thoughts?
image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001

Re: Moms of PT Kiddos

• Maddie can pull hers down, but not up. I will have to help her up and down from the potty, plus wiping for a long time I'm sure, so it doesn't bother me!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes.  But not at 2 yr. 2 mo. old like Caleb.  She struggled with it at that age but could depending on the clothes. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, Nate can do both.  A lot of times I do it for him though, and I definitely am the head butt-wiper.  :P
  • He can now, but not when he was first trained.  I think that's kinda weird, it's not like you're not going to be going in there with them all the time in the beginning.  DS is just now getting to where he goes alone, and he's been PT for a year! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrsmikey:
    I think that's kinda weird, it's not like you're not going to be going in there with them all the time in the beginning.  DS is just now getting to where he goes alone, and he's been PT for a year! 

That's what I thought. I can't imagine letting him go alone, I see that being a huge disaster Ick!

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Yes, but definitely not at first. In fact, I still mostly help her. But at school, she does the whole potty thing--pants down, wiping, pants up--by her self. (which is why she often comes home in different clothes because she will have sat down on the back of her dress and peed on it or something!) I always wipe her myself at home.

To me, that is a skill they perfect by practice, not a sign of readiness.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Liam can't.  He can pull them down, but not back up.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • depending on the clothes whether Jack can pull them up or down..but most of the time he will try and pull his shorts up but not the underwear first so thats def. a problem. But he still needs help and I have to wipe him when he poops so i wouldn't use that as a reason to wait to PT!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"