1st Trimester
Options

How early do you start to show?

I'm at 6w2d and it's already hard to button my pants.  I had to go shopping for pants with a more relaxed fit this morning.
mmc 5/19/11, IUI 6/15/12, IUI 7/18/12, BFP 7/8/13! EDD 3/9/14.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How early do you start to show?

• Options

Depends on the person and if this is your first pregnancy or not.  With my first, my regular pants stopped fitting at around 11 weeks, and I used a Bella Band for a week and then went to maternity pants at 12/13 weeks.  I looked bloated and fat, but not pregnant.  I didn't look obviously pregnant until 18/19 weeks. 

This time, the bloat showed up much sooner, at around 6 weeks.  My regular pants still fit, but I don't think they will for long.  I'm probably going to pull out the maternity pants soon, maybe in another week or two. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My pants started getting uncomfortable around 6 w, and they totally didn't fit at 8 w.  It's bloat, I think, not baby yet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Show enough for people to notice? That is one thing I had no idea about when I was pg with our first...I thought you start to show right away...because heck, there is a baby in there! Boy was I wrong...I soon realized it takes FOREVER to show to where it is really noticeable...late 2nd trimester. Of course you will be able to tell a lot sooner...I ale ays enjoy laying on my back and feeling the top of my uterus as the weeks go by...still have a little ways to go before I can do that with this pregnancy!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Options
    pants are definitely tight (though not as bad as they were at 6 weeks) but it's 100% bloat, 0% baby. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    That must be what it is.  I'm at 6w and it's my first.  Thanks!
    mmc 5/19/11, IUI 6/15/12, IUI 7/18/12, BFP 7/8/13! EDD 3/9/14.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

At six weeks I could tell my belly was rounder from the progesterone working is magic to slow down digestion for the baby.  At almost 13 weeks people who know me can notice the bloat and see tha my belly is rounder.  However, I cannot yet really feel my uterus so I know its not baby yet but the rest of me moving around to make room her.

Some girls show earlier if their uterus is higher.  I'd say in reading these boards over the last 13w the average is about 17/18 weeks to start showing and 20w before strangers start noticing baby bump.

It seems so long :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Usually you'll get super bloated early, then the bloat will go away around 10-12 weeks, then you'll get a little bump sometime in the next few weeks after that. I didn't noticably show with DS until around 18-20 weeks, which I think is pretty common. With this one I am already pretty noticably pregnant, or very close, I have a bump and my pants fit everywhere else but there. The second time you show much faster because your muscles are all stretched out already. It sucks because all my maternity clothes are huge since I didn't buy them until 6 months last time. I'm going to have to go buy some smaller ones.
  • Options

With my first I was wearing maternity clothes around 12-14 weeks.  But I wasn't showing until I was 26ish weeks.

With my second I was again in maternity aroung 14 weeks, but didn't show till I was 22ish weeks.

This is my third.  I'm 10 weeks and just wearing pants in a bigger size.  Definitely not showing yet.  Hoping to hide it at work till 20 weeks.  We'll see.

Mama to Lucy (7/06), Lexi (5/09), and Max (11/11) M/C 12/17/10
  • Options

It's going to vary from woman to woman.

I'm short and thin, and didn't really show (to the point where strangers could tell I was pregnant) until I was 18 weeks with DD. DH and I noticed changes a few weeks earlier.

I'm now pregnant with #2, and I can see a tiny bump, but if you didn't know I was pregnant, you wouldn't be able to tell just by looking at me.

• Options
    Yea, you get bloated early on but I never showed last time until at least 20 weeks.
    "Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• Options

it does depend on the person and the number of previous pregnancies.

i'm starting to show, not really bloated - but my stomach is "changing".  my husband says that unless you know me and know that i'm pregnant you probably would not realize it.  he's the one that told me the other day, but it's getting the typical tear drop shape that my belly normally takes on.  i also just lost about 20lbs, which is probably in my favor.  i'm currently 7 wks.  with my last pregnancy, i was showing at 8-9wks.

• Options
    I've been kind of watching this post.  Since I am having my first, I'm curious.  I am only 5'3" and have a short torso.  Can that make my bump show sooner, or does it not really matter?  What do you ladies think?
  • Options

imagekpsHoneyBear:
    I've been kind of watching this post.  Since I am having my first, I'm curious.  I am only 5'3" and have a short torso.  Can that make my bump show sooner, or does it not really matter?  What do you ladies think?

I'm about your height, short torso and thin...I didn't show until 18 weeks.

Well, DH and I could see a difference, but strangers couldn't tell I was pregnant until 18 weeks.

• Options
  • Options

imagekpsHoneyBear:

I am 5"4' and very short waisted. I started to really show around 14 weeks with my first. I'm sure it will be earlier with this baby.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm 5' 9" and loooong waisted and three days ago someone on the metro pointed to my stomach and asked if I wanted to sit down.  That counts as a perfect stranger noticing I'm pregnant.  I have a bump that is certainly some part fat, but it is rounded and while not everyone will notice I'm pregnant (especially while sitting down) it is starting to become obvious I'm pregnant, not fat.

I think it depends on every woman, pregnancy, and uterus.  I don't think it has much to do with height and being long or short waisted although it might...like I said I have a very long torso and I am, apparently, showing already.

ETA:  It's only clear that it's a pregnancy belly when I wear tight clothing though.  In a loose t-shirt it's not visible.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Haha  Guess I'll just have to wait to find out :)    I almost feel like I can see something in the mirror already, but I know it must be the bloat, not the baby.  And I'm wearing a tight shirt today without really seeing anything anyway... It'll be a surprise when he or she shows up :)
  • Options
    Glad to hear that I’m not the only one starting to show so early! I couldn’t believe my pants weren’t fitting at only 6 weeks.
  • Options
    im 5'2 and 140 so i probably wont show noticeably until 18/20. but i was uncomfortable at 7 weeks and started wearing leggings and such 
  • Options
    My husband took some pictures and i noticed that my face looks really round, I always had a very elongated face. I am barely 5 weeks pregnant! Weight hasn't change but i feel pretty bloated.
  • Options
    TggantTggant member
    I'm still at bloat stage...it's obvious "baby in there" to me, but I know i just look round to others.  My question: when we get the bump, is it hard?  I feel like baby bellies I've touched for the kicking are very hard.  My bloat is very squishy and can still be somewhat flat in the morning.  
  • Options
    With my first I was showing at 14/15 weeks, and this time I am already starting to look pretty round... I'm not fitting into my pants and by next week (9wks) will probably start switching to maternity pants...or yoga pants if I can get by with them in my office. :-) 
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"