North Carolina Babies

One Question Poll re: Bump/Nest Nostalgia :-)

When was the first Knot/Nest/Bump GTG you went to, where was it, and who was there?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: One Question Poll re: Bump/Nest Nostalgia :-)

• I joined the Knot back in early 2004.  I was lakebride05 back then, and I frequented the MA and NH boards, since that was where I was living and planning my wedding.  I know MrsG from way back - we met at a MA Nest GTG back in 2005 before we both moved down here! :)
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine was in September(?) 2007, at Bogarts (RIP, sour grapes martini), and it was Jenhum, Angelpack, Murph, elizabethswan, terpbride...who else...?

E-swan had just found out she was pg with Emily, and it was my, terp's, and angelpack's first GTG and we were all nervous. hehe...

Ahh..Memories... To think that was almost 4 years ago seriously blows my mind!

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrsHughesNC:

Mine was in September(?) 2007, at Bogarts (RIP, sour grapes martini), and it was Jenhum, Angelpack, Murph, elizabethswan, terpbride...who else...?

E-swan had just found out she was pg with Emily, and it was my, terp's, and angelpack's first GTG and we were all nervous. hehe...

Ahh..Memories... To think that was almost 4 years ago seriously blows my mind!

I get a pass since you answered for me :)

I can't believe it has been that long either. 

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • october 2008, i think? it was at YOUR house, and hmm. who was there?

hughes (duh), jenhum, ecugirl, murph, eswan, mrsg, crescent, and prob others that i'm forgetting...

• I went to a Knot GTG back in... '04, I think.  It was before our wedding.  It wasn't all that fun, honestly.  I've had a lot more fun at the GTGs I've been to with you guys.

ETA: I couldn't tell you who was there.  I don't think there's anyone on this board that was on the NC Knot board back when I was on there (2003-2004).

• I had just moved down here, I missed the first tacky sweater Xmas party in 07 by about a week.  This was back when it was just the nest, no bump and the NC board was rockin, gtg's all the time.  I want to say it was January 08 at MrsEMM's house up by Brier Creek, it was a dinner club/sweatpant party.  DizzyLiz83, EMM, MrsK093007, MereD19, terp, and I can't even remember who else.  It was nerve wracking because I knew NO ONE and felt so awkward in grungy sweats.
  • Ecugirl....I think I was on the knot back then.  

However, I have never been to a GTG.  Yes, I am a loser. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My first GTG was at the Mellow Mushroom on Glenwood when I was engaged. I remember Murph, alm0407, Sharky and Feisty from all my early GTGs. I can't believe DH and I are coming up on 5 years this fall!
  • imagewithoutshoes:

Ecugirl....I think I was on the knot back then.  

However, I have never been to a GTG.  Yes, I am a loser. 

Nah, not a loser!  It is really a small miracle that I have been to any.  I am so insecure and hate meeting new people.  I get all excited until the day of and then I wish I had never agreed. 

One day you should give in though, obviously most of us have survived them :)

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my.  Let's see if I can remember.  I have no idea what year it was.  Before anyone was pg though.  I *think* I was already married, so mabye 2006? 

Um, I think it was at Uno's in High Point.  ECUBride was there I think.  And Annabugg (I'm having a hard time remembering nest names instead of real names).  CatNC maybe.  I really don't remember.  I do remember I wasn't feeling too well that night though and probably wasn't very much fun :(

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My first GTG was a sleepover (although I didn't sleep over since I was 14 weeks pg and extremely nauseous at the time).   I met Blair, MereD19, Speed, Nark, Jenandtonica, Bobsbride, uncchar7, slhall, and kac a few others, but I'm drawing a blank! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Ahh, my first GTG. I think it was 2006? Maybe early 2007... It was at Applebees in Brier Creek. I can't remember everyone there but I know Dizz (aka Blair), Jenhum and Fiesty were there. I think McJamie was there too...

WOW. That seems like a lifetime ago! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I was on the Knot Boards but wasn't as involved in the boards then as I am now, so I never met anyone IRL. I do remember some people's names from the boards but didnt ever meet them. But My first GTG was April 2009 at Dberts house for a playdate! (when Mrs M&M showed up with her towel cuz she was ready to pop!!)I cant believe how grown up all those lil ones are now and how many people have 2nd babies now or on the way!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Mine was in Spring 2005 at California Pizza Kitchen. I know that Evans was there, I think Love1999 and a few other girls who are no longer on the boards. Maybe 7miles was there and jenhum? I can't remember!
  • I started on the nest in 2004 I think? My first gtg was early 2006, with Evans, uncjules, 7miles, and a few other ladies that haven't been on the boards in years. It was at Bogart's (oh Bogart's, I miss you so) and then we went to Sullivan's afterwards. I may have had my first martini that night- and I'm pretty sure I had a couple of more too, lol!
  • imagejenhum:
    I started on the nest in 2004 I think? My first gtg was early 2006, with Evans, uncjules, 7miles, and a few other ladies that haven't been on the boards in years. It was at Bogart's (oh Bogart's, I miss you so) and then we went to Sullivan's afterwards. I may have had my first martini that night- and I'm pretty sure I had a couple of more too, lol!

OK, so you weren't at the first GTG I went to, I wasn't sure. BUT, that was definitely your first martini (I remember the excitement) and it was fun to intro you to them. That was SUCH a fun night.

• Is it bad to say I've never been to a GTG? *sigh* I'm such a hermit...I need to get out more!
  • Wow I really cannot remember which was the first. I think it was a bachelorette party for AZnowNC in 2007. None of the girls who were there on really on the boards now.

My 1st bump together was at ECUGirl's house. I met skirk, MrsG and a whole bunch of others I cannot remember!

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • I've been on the Knot/Nest/Bump since early 2006.   My first GTG was either late 06-early 07, I can't exactly remember but I do know I was pregnant with Connor.  It was Jenandtonnica, SalisburyBride, AnnaBugg, ECUPirate, Jen&Tim, Mikey, me and KatieBride. 

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • imageVivianLee:

I've been on the Knot/Nest/Bump since early 2006.   My first GTG was either late 06-early 07, I can't exactly remember but I do know I was pregnant with Connor.  It was Jenandtonnica, SalisburyBride, AnnaBugg, ECUPirate, Jen&Tim, Mikey, me and KatieBride. 

Look at us!  I remember that GTG, it was fun. 

• imageerin_aaronsbaby:
    Is it bad to say I've never been to a GTG? *sigh* I'm such a hermit...I need to get out more!

Not true.. we GTG'd at the Old Navy parking lot when you gave me plastic hangers that one time. hehe. Big Smile

• I think my first GTG was in February 2008 with the Triad ladies (evans, uncref, jennandtim, alchris, wendync, salisbury), I think Mikey had just had her baby.
  • LOL, Hughes...but does that really count?? It WAS just the two of us. :P Although, if that's the case, I've had a brief GTG with LaLa, too!
  • imagelah1177:
    I think my first GTG was in February 2008 with the Triad ladies (evans, uncref, jennandtim, alchris, wendync, salisbury), I think Mikey had just had her baby.

I bet that was my supposed to be diaper shower :)

• imagemrsmikey:
    imageVivianLee:

I've been on the Knot/Nest/Bump since early 2006.   My first GTG was either late 06-early 07, I can't exactly remember but I do know I was pregnant with Connor.  It was Jenandtonnica, SalisburyBride, AnnaBugg, ECUPirate, Jen&Tim, Mikey, me and KatieBride. 

LOL!  I'm 99% sure that was my first GTG.  If not, then it was the one Mikey mentioned.

And yea I'm not going to say how many of the above mentioned gtg I have attended because it was most of them :)

• imageVivianLee:

Wow and now we have 13 babies (almost 14 mikey!) between the 8 of us! That was a fun GTG. I made up a little game of questions about everyone based on our profiles and posts. Fun night!

• The one Vivian posted was my first GTG w/o babies. Here was my first with babies!

We all have two babies now! 5 boys and 9 boys between us

• imageECUPirate04:
    imagemrsmikey:
    imageVivianLee:

LOL!  I'm 99% sure that was my first GTG.  If not, then it was the one Mikey mentioned.

And yea I'm not going to say how many of the above mentioned gtg I have attended because it was most of them :)

The one I mentioned at Uno's was before this one, so that would have been your first :) 

• my first was June/July of 09 to a playdate GTG.  Nic as about 5 months and I was so nervous.  It was so many of you girls and so many seemed to know each other from before that I felt like an outsider.  You guys were all nice but I felt like I was intruding.  I'm glad I went to a second one without the kids b/c I really felt like I bonded then. I miss my playdate and MNO GTG's.  :(

• Is it sad that I think I was at all of those Triangle GTGs except maybe two? ;-)

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• narknark member

imagecate1119:
    My first GTG was a sleepover (although I didn't sleep over since I was 14 weeks pg and extremely nauseous at the time).   I met Blair, MereD19, Speed, Nark, Jenandtonica, Bobsbride, uncchar7, slhall, and kac a few others, but I'm drawing a blank! 

this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"