North Carolina Babies

Poll: Living Arrangments

I feel like a lot of people are either moving/selling/buying or have done so recently, so it left me wondering about everyone's living arrangements... 

1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)?

2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence?

3. What's your favorite thing about your home?

4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change?

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now?

Re: Poll: Living Arrangments

• 1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)? We own a 2 br, 2.5 bath townhouse.

2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence? As little amount of time as possible, it is listed for sale.

3. What's your favorite thing about your home? Only that it was our first house together and where we brought our first born home, the house itself leaves much to be desired but I love the location.

4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change? the carpets need to be replaced badly, we did the basic option when it was built and that was a huge mistake

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now? mostly a decent backyard, but of course we want it to be a nice house as well

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1.  Just moved!  Bought a new to us house earlier this month, sold our previous house of 6.5 years. 3BR, 2.5 bath house with basement room, garage and 2 unifinished rooms.

2. Long-term.  Minimum 7 years, probably 10-15 years.

3. SPACE, a garage (didn't think we'd get a garage with any house we bought!), AMAZING kitchen. 

4. 1.33 acres... the yard is prob. more than we wanted, but we loved the house.

5. The only thing this house doesn't have, which we wanted, was a 4th bedroom.  And the living areas are amazing and space is great; however the full bathrooms could ultimately use some updating.  These are both fix-able... we have an unfinished room over the garage to "grow" into and we can do the bathrooms down the road.

• Loading the player...
  • 1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)? We own a 3bd/2.5ba house with a basement & walk-up attic.2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence? Not exactly sure, but certainly a while since we just finished a kitchen reno. We had been looking casually for about 1yr+ before that but just couldn't find anything that worked for us.3. What's your favorite thing about your home? Probably our kitchen (now), but there's so much I love about our current home.4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change? Our backyard & deck. We have 2 HUGE trees less than 10 feet from our house - our deck is literally built around them. I'd love for them to be removed and a new, bigger deck built. While we're at it, I'd like to level a bigger play area for J & sew new grass all over.5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now? More land in the next county over & a 4th bedroom (if we're ever able to have more kids), but that won't be for a long time.
  • 1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)?  Own a 4 bd / 2 1/2 bath house

2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence?  Probably 7-10 years

3. What's your favorite thing about your home?  Large screened in porch

4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change?  Need to update kitchen and don't have the $$ right now and this stupid creek that runs along the edge or our property.  It's eroding our lawn right now and ticking me off. 

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now?  Front porch and a bonus room. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)? We rent a 3 br, 1 bath house

2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence? Undecided. Probably at least a few more years.

3. What's your favorite thing about your home? The yard. I love having our own space to play!

4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change? Replace the carpets with wood floors. I hate carpet :(

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now? 2 baths, a workshop/garage space for DH

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • 1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)?  Own house -- 4 bedroom/3 baths

2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence?  As long as we live in NC.

3. What's your favorite thing about your home?  The size of our bedroom and bathroom.

4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change?  The cathedral ceiling in the living room -- makes the house feel less "warm" than I would like.

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now?  Lower ceiling in living room, mud room, the upstairs bedroom door not being right next to the stairway.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)? We own a 3 bed/2 1/2 bth home.

2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence? Ugh.  We had hoped to only be here 5 years, but that has come and gone.  I'd love to move now.

3. What's your favorite thing about your home? All the bedrooms are upstair, location, large kitchen.

4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change? Yard.  We are up on a hill and it sucks.  Also, we have a 2 car garage, but 2 cards DO NOT fit.

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now? I'd really love to have a bonus room and a true 2 car garage.

• 1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)? Own -5 bedroom/5bathroom home2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence? Dunno. If something we really liked came on the market we'd think about it. We were under a strict dead line to purchase our home and didn't have a lot of options at the time due to our wanting to be in a specific area.3. What's your favorite thing about your home? It's big. Big rooms all around and plenty of room if we have more children.4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change? The previous owner took a lot of short cuts in updating stuff. Also, I highly dislike my kitchen and plan on knocking out walls and redoing it in the next year.5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now? Higher ceiling. 10ft on 1st and 2nd floor.
  • 1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)?  Own a 3b 2.5ba house

2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence? 3 more loooong years

3. What's your favorite thing about your home?  The master bedroom skylight and huge tub

4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change?  The size, or the yard

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now?  The list is quite long.  Bonus room, screened in porch, flat driveway, flat yard, fenced in yard, more bedrooms, more room period, laundry room on second floor...

ETA:  Our 2 car garage does not fit both cars either!  It drives me bonkers, so that goes on the least favorite list.

• 1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)? We own a 4bd 1.5ba house.

2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence? We only planned to be in this home for 5 years and we are on year 7 right now.  Will probably be here another 3-5 years at least.....ugh!

3. What's your favorite thing about your home? I love that it is an older home (70 years) and has lots of charachter.

4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change? I hate that it is an older home and is in constant need of repair.  We can't keep up.

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now? A home warranty ;-)  I definitely want a new(ish) construction home so I'm not constantly worrying about what will break next.

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • Skirk - didn't y'all move recently? That's a bummer that you dislike your new home! :(
  • 1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)? Own a 3 BR/2.5 BA home

2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence? If it was up to DH, forever. I can see things getting tight if we had another baby though. But as of now, we have no immediate plans to move.

3. What's your favorite thing about your home? The location, the fact that DH and I have separate closets, my craft 'dungeon' room, our garage.

4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change? our yard--it backs right up to woods, and we have NO back yard. I didn't realize how important that would be at the time, since we didn't have a child yet when we bought it! 

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now? More of a yard, first off. I don't want a huge yard, just room for a nice playset, etc. If I could build a house, it would a 4BR/3BA ranch, with a basement with a play/bonus/theater room, and an office/craft room.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• 1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)? We own a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom + bonus room house.

2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence? We have been here 3 years, we will probably stay at least 10 total if not more.

3. What's your favorite thing about your home? The space, having 4 bedrooms and a bonus room, the secondary rooms are pretty big.

4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change? A lot of stuff! I hate our main living space, it is way too small, and it has a 20ft ceiling open to upstairs and it makes it hot in the summer and cold in the winter. I hate where our master bedroom is downstairs, hate there is no storage and I don't like our sloped back yard. I also don't like the vinyl we have in the laundry room and 2 bathrooms. My master bath is WAY too small. But this was our first house and we got a really good deal on it, we know better now!

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now? More storage, flat backyard, larger upgraded kitchen, larger master bedroom and bath.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBackthePack:
    Skirk - didn't y'all move recently? That's a bummer that you dislike your new home! :(

Yes, we will be in our house 1 year in June.  It does suck, especially because there is a brand new neighborhood up the road that has all we were looking for and more well within our price range that our realtor never showed us, which makes me SO mad.  I feel like we got stuck in such a time crunch to find something that we settled, and while we liked the house at first, we didn't realize a) how hard it would be to downsize (old house was 2000+ sf, 4beds, .75 acres) and b)how many issues would come up.  It sucks.

• Perfect timing for this poll.  We are about to be living in transition.  Our home is under contract and we're relocating to NC, but going to stay in SC for about 4-5 months until we find a house first and get settled into having 2 children (eeek!).   I just spent 1.5 hrs on the phone and internet looking for an apt or house to rent.  The apartment business is booming b/c everywhere is no vacancy.  I wish I was kidding.  It.is.crazy.  Anyways, we gotta find somewhere b/c we need something to start mid-may.  We'll be in NC by Oct-Nov AT THE LATEST!-YAY!!!

1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)?  Currently, 3 bedroom house/2BA/bonus room/1800 sq ft.  See above.....we'll *hopefully* find a 3 bedroom house that's a decent size for a decent price to rent...we shall see though.

2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence?  2 more weeks?  Wow.  I'm thankful for a buyer though.  Especially since I won't have to show the house to prospective buyers with a 2 yr old and NB at home.  That would be HORRIBLE.

3. What's your favorite thing about your home?  LOCATION.  It's in an awesome location as far as being close to just about everything.  I also love the floorplan.  It's a ranch, but very spaced out and the bedrooms aren't altogether which I like a lot.  Also, it has SO MUCH storage space in kitchen.  I'm not sure I can get this lucky again with such great storage space.  It's really nice.

4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change?  I'm not crazy about our backyard and would love to find a house with a flat backyard for the children to play in.

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now?  I'd LOVE a basement (seems like there are lots of houses where we're going to move that have basements) and I'd love a community pool (this isn't a requirement), but it would be really nice.  ETA.....Hardwoods, nice kitchen, at least 4 bedrooms or room for expansion.  Also a bar in the kitchen would be nice but definitely not a must.

• 1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)? Own a 3 br/3 bath house.

2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence?  We bought about a year ago... probably 3 or 4 more years

3. What's your favorite thing about your home?  I love the loft (it's our office)

4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change?  The kitchen lacks a lot of storage.  I'd also like hardwoods in the living room/hall and new carpet in the bedrooms.

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now? a garage!

Our little flower

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagestarz080:

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now?  I'd LOVE a basement (seems like there are lots of houses where we're going to move that have basements) and I'd love a community pool (this isn't a requirement), but it would be really nice.

I'm very familiar with a neighborhood that meets both of those ;) 

• imageBackthePack:
    imagestarz080:

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now?  I'd LOVE a basement (seems like there are lots of houses where we're going to move that have basements) and I'd love a community pool (this isn't a requirement), but it would be really nice.

I'm very familiar with a neighborhood that meets both of those ;) 

Smile We will definitely be visiting that neighborhood soon!  We marked several in that neighborhood as our "favorites" for our listing book that the realtor sent us.

• Starz - when you come to check it out, be sure to go by the pool - it's nice & secluded. There's also a playset & picnic table behind the pool.

ETA - plus Tanglewood is super close & they have the most fun zero-entry area for extra special swimming days! Ok...enough gushing about where I live. I just love it! 

• 1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)? We own our home. It has three bedrooms and two baths on the main level and another bedroom and bath in the finished walk out basement.

2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence? Not sure. Even though the main level is on the small side (around 1600 square feet) we have another 1200 square feet in the finished basement. Our mortgage is very reasonable and to get another house with the space we have now, we would end up paying a lot more. So for now, we plan to stay put until we can build or move to our dream home.

3. What's your favorite thing about your home? I love having our bedroom and the kids' bedrooms on the same floor, but a split plan. I love having the guest room and bath on a separate floor. I love our hardwood floors and light fixtures. I also love our location. We are super close to walking trails, parks and the elementary school. I can put the kids in the stroller and walk to the park, Farmers Market, etc.

4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change? The closets in our bedroom our tiny! We have extra closets in the basement, so we have to switch our clothes out by season. Our kitchen does not have a big work area (island, etc), but we are in the process of getting quotes to have an island made, so once that is done, I think I will love it.

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now? A big kitchen with a huge island, a bigger laundry room/mud room. Huge master bedroom closet

• imageBackthePack:

Starz - when you come to check it out, be sure to go by the pool - it's nice & secluded. There's also a playset & picnic table behind the pool.

ETA - plus Tanglewood is super close & they have the most fun zero-entry area for extra special swimming days! Ok...enough gushing about where I live. I just love it! 

Very good to know!  Thanks.

• 1. What are your current living arrangements (house/apt, rent/own, #bdrms/baths, etc)? We own a 4 bedroom/3 bath house

2. How long do you plan to live in your current residence? Forever

3. What's your favorite thing about your home? It's 1.5 stories and 3 bedrooms are downstairs.  I love not having to go upstairs.  I also love our backyard.

4. What's your least favorite thing about your home/something you would want to change? It has a lot of outdated fixtures and such.  They'll eventually be updated.  I'd love to re-do the kitchen too, but it's liveable as it is.

5. What are you looking for in your next home that you don't have now? Nothing.  Our plan is to stay in our current house until we die, unless circumstances require us to move.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"