Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

CD Daily Check In

Hello Ladies!

I let M run around in just her diaper last night because I don't have any cute pictures of her in her fluffy butt. Every time I went to take a picture she would get excited and start crawling towards me so her butt would not show up. I probably to close to 30 pictures and only got maybe two.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CD Daily Check In

• Options
    I met two other CD mommas at the park yesterday!  Yay!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
     I have been asked by several of my FB friends that are pg about cloth. I think I have converted a few!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageQueenBee320:

I would love to meet other ladies who CD! I have met Ananke IRL but I met her on here first. Does that count?

• Options

imagehermione76:
     I have been asked by several of my FB friends that are pg about cloth. I think I have converted a few!!

I have tried to convert a few but no such luck yet. They all look at me like I'm crazy. 

I also hate when I am out in public and I go to change a diaper and I get the side eye from people.  I'll still do it no matter how many dirty looks I get. I love to CD!

• Options
    imagewearenutts:

imageQueenBee320:

I would love to meet other ladies who CD! I have met Ananke IRL but I met her on here first. Does that count?

Sure!  I was just excited to run into other CD mommas while I was out in the "real world"  Me and hermione hang out sometimes :) when we're not busy with grad school! It's great!  I really needed mommy friends as my other IRL friends moved out of state or don't have kids so they just don't understand. 

• Options

I have not explored the world of fitted diapers yet but I found this yesterday

https://www.etsy.com/listing/73007074/one-size-cotton-hemp-fitted-cloth-diaper?ref=cat2_gallery_1 

I went nuts! I am a musician so I just love it. I may have to break down and get it. 

• Options
    imagewearenutts:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/73007074/one-size-cotton-hemp-fitted-cloth-diaper?ref=cat2_gallery_1 

I went nuts! I am a musician so I just love it. I may have to break down and get it. 

Super cute! That's expensive. We do mostly fitteds but I get plain colored ones so I don't feel bad about covering them up.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    imagewearenutts:

imagehermione76:

I have tried to convert a few but no such luck yet. They all look at me like I'm crazy. 

I also hate when I am out in public and I go to change a diaper and I get the side eye from people.  I'll still do it no matter how many dirty looks I get. I love to CD!

I get the side eye a lot too. People are crazy.  

• Options
    imageQueenBee320:
    imagewearenutts:

imageQueenBee320:

Sure!  I was just excited to run into other CD mommas while I was out in the "real world"  Me and hermione hang out sometimes :) when we're not busy with grad school! It's great!  I really needed mommy friends as my other IRL friends moved out of state or don't have kids so they just don't understand. 

We need to get together soon. BTW  

• Options
    imagewearenutts:

That is so cute! I love music notes :)

• Options
    My RaR order just arrived!!!! I'll pip in a few.
  • Options
    imagewearenutts:

imagehermione76:

One of my friends converted me. I was complaining about K's rash and she gave me a CD'ing lesson. I have tried to convert some friends but they are hung up on the cost to start. H has converted some of his guy friends and co workers. They all got their wives to switch, I found it pretty funny.
    imageimage    
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageSnoopyLuv:
    imagewearenutts:

Super cute! That's expensive. We do mostly fitteds but I get plain colored ones so I don't feel bad about covering them up.

It is expensive. That's why I haven't bought it yet. It only says 1 available and I am still not jumping on it. I don't think I would be too upset if it sold before I could get it. Maybe I don't want it as much as I thought lol. 

I would like to try and make one but I don't know if I am that brave yet. 

• Options
    imagehermione76:
    imagewearenutts:

imagehermione76:

I get the side eye a lot too. People are crazy.  

Really? People always tell me how cute DS's CDs are. They can't believe cloth diapers are so easy and not pins and plastic pants.

I have decided that I don't like the Imse Vimse liners I bought for DS. They gave him a rash. His poop is still washable, but I really need to get with it and buy a diaper sprayer.  

• Options
    I purchased a couple of Econobum covers to try. We do prefolds and covers (mostly Thirsties covers). The Econobum's looked like they might be a slightly cheaper alternative. They arrived yesterday and look kind of flimsy. Has anyone used them? Do you have any suggestions for other covers? Thanks!
    Nothing to see here! :)
  • Options
    I just ordered a pack of the grovia disposable inserts for our vacation. Well, to try out before vacation. Have you read the instructions on those things? If no compost is available, rip open the insert and flush the contents, then throw away the rest. WTF?
    Lookin' Down
  • Options
    I'm kind of excited, I'm buying my first GM diaper today or tomorrow. I really like fitteds and we've been buying for function and I'm psyched to buy something so cute.
    FotoFlexer_Photo-1 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am venturing into the world of prefolds + covers, and I am almost sure I like it better than my pockets. Day care won't do prefolds and covers, but I am seriously considering selling off my pocket stash except what we need for dc and buying more prefolds and covers once I am really used to it.

On that note, I bought a really pretty weehuggers cover and it leaked on me. Literally ON me.  I blame a prefold folding fail. I knew I should have just folded it in thirds. :(

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

I have officially completely flipped my stash. I had almost all Fuzzibunz, which were a gift. We ended up really disliking them  (leaking constantly and a TERRIBLE fit), so I sold them on CL. I have restashed with 21 Applecheeks. I am in love. Never a leak, and they make it so easy to Indie to move around! I love waking up to dry baby sheets everymorning.

I think I have almos 45 diapers now...! And that's not including the 24 newborn ones! Lol I think I need to stop now.

• Options

imageLuJackCity:
    I'm kind of excited, I'm buying my first GM diaper today or tomorrow. I really like fitteds and we've been buying for function and I'm psyched to buy something so cute.

I just tried out our first GM this week.  Would post a pic, but I can't get tinypic to work:*(  I really like the fit, and J seems to like wearing it!

• Options
    imageVermillionsss:

I have officially completely flipped my stash. I had almost all Fuzzibunz, which were a gift. We ended up really disliking them  (leaking constantly and a TERRIBLE fit), so I sold them on CL. I have restashed with 21 Applecheeks. I am in love. Never a leak, and they make it so easy to Indie to move around! I love waking up to dry baby sheets everymorning.

I think I have almos 45 diapers now...! And that's not including the 24 newborn ones! Lol I think I need to stop now.

I have wanted to try Applecheeks but I cannot make myself spend the money. 

• Options
    imageMyBdayPresent:

imageLuJackCity:

I just tried out our first GM this week.  Would post a pic, but I can't get tinypic to work:*(  I really like the fit, and J seems to like wearing it!

What print did you get?

I'm buying one from a bumpmom, it's black and white polkadots with bright yellow snaps. I love it. 

• Options
    imageLuJackCity:
    imageMyBdayPresent:

imageLuJackCity:

What print did you get?

I'm buying one from a bumpmom, it's black and white polkadots with bright yellow snaps. I love it. 

It's this one.  It sat forever as a straggler and I had eyed an NIP on spots a few weeks before and regretted not buying it so it seemed like destiny.  I wondered why no one wanted it and as I was looking at pics of J in it, some of the lemons look like boobs...

I think I saw the one you're getting.  It's soooo cute and the yellow just completes the look!

• Options
    imagewearenutts:
    imageVermillionsss:

I have wanted to try Applecheeks but I cannot make myself spend the money. 

Oh do it! Lol

I plan on getting size 1's for our next LO. They are only $15.20 at Diva Diapers right now. ($22 with an insert) Try www.allofcraigs.com , too!

• Options
    imagejessakris:

I am venturing into the world of prefolds + covers, and I am almost sure I like it better than my pockets. Day care won't do prefolds and covers, but I am seriously considering selling off my pocket stash except what we need for dc and buying more prefolds and covers once I am really used to it.

On that note, I bought a really pretty weehuggers cover and it leaked on me. Literally ON me.  I blame a prefold folding fail. I knew I should have just folded it in thirds. :(

I am a prefolds from pockets convert!  I did get leaks at first with prefolds but I chalked it up to learning how to get the fold just right.  My favorite is the twist fold with a snappi and a flip cover.  I have about 10 pockets, I was thinking of selling them off and getting more prefolds and covers but I decided not to in case I like them better when she gets bigger. 

• Options

imageLuJackCity:

Yay! :) Once you start with the prints...you will never go back. 

• Options

So, I am on the diaper buying wagon and it sucks. This means my stream of fluffy mail has stopped :( I do however have a friend who is having me go shopping for WAHMs for her little boy, so that will tide me over until I can buy more.

I think we should have a day where we show off stash pictures! 

• Options
    imageKimmy1836:

imageLuJackCity:

Can I direct dh directly to you when the packages start arriving? Now I want to sell off all my utilitarian diapers and buy prints. You know to support WAHMs...

• Options
    imageLuJackCity:
    imageKimmy1836:

imageLuJackCity:

Can I direct dh directly to you when the packages start arriving? Now I want to sell off all my utilitarian diapers and buy prints. You know to support WAHMs...

As a mom it is totally your duty to support other WAHMs...right? That is what I tell myself, at least. I want to sell all of my 'brand' diapers, too. 

• Options
    imageKimmy1836:
    imageLuJackCity:
    imageKimmy1836:

imageLuJackCity:

As a mom it is totally your duty to support other WAHMs...right? That is what I tell myself, at least. I want to sell all of my 'brand' diapers, too. 

I just posted some on craigslist, I'm not sure how much luck I'll have on there. I need them to sell so I can buy more diapers. It's funny, a few short months ago I thought it was silly buying anything but the basics. I was obviously mistaken.

• Options
    imageLuJackCity:
    imageKimmy1836:
    imageLuJackCity:
    imageKimmy1836:

imageLuJackCity:

I just posted some on craigslist, I'm not sure how much luck I'll have on there. I need them to sell so I can buy more diapers. It's funny, a few short months ago I thought it was silly buying anything but the basics. I was obviously mistaken.

I would post them on the Cloth FB group! There are lots of moms on there who stick to the brand diapers. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"