Pregnant after 35
Options

I am so upset I want to throw up

SO just got home from work. He is a PA in the Coast Guard.  And dropped this bomb on me.

There is a VERY GOOD chance that he is getting deployed to Africa on May 23rd for 2 months. I am due May 28th.  It is down to him and one other guy, and one of them HAS to go.  The other guy is claiming medical conditions will prevent him from going. which he so doesn't have. SO is his medical provider!  So that would leave Jason.  We won't know until tomorrow or Friday.  Need some of that magic T&P from you guys.  I'm sick to my stomach and think I just had my first real contraction. Crying

Re: I am so upset I want to throw up

• Options
    Oh no, oh no=(  I really really hope something works out.  How unfair for this guy and his SO to claim medical reasons when he doesn't even have any.  Will they really allow his SO to provide proof of his"medical condition"?  You'd think the Coast Guard would have this guy checked out by their own physicians. I am going to send lots of magical T&Ps your way.  :::HUGS:::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh my gosh!!! Sending some serious sticky SO dust to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my gosh!!  I sure hope there's a mircle and SO doens't have to go!!
  • Options
    You have got to be kidding. Sucks! Hopefully the other guy will get outed for being the lying liar who lies that he is and get sent instead.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Options
    Darn it!! I am praying for a miracle for you and SO!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers/Users/udeozo/Desktop/MS30.jpg
  • Options
    thats terrible! lots of prayers for you that it works out in your favor! hugs!
  • Options

I can't imagine the Coast Guard taking the other guy's word for having a medical condition. I would think they would want proof from his medical provider and if that's your SO then I doubt he will lie for him.

You just need to go into labor before the 28th;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • Options
    Oh gosh. So sorry! What to do???!!! No way out of it at all? Drats! Do you think your doc could induce you early? I was 3 weeks early with my two daughters. Maybe your body will begin labor before your due date. Whatever happens....at least it's not a permanent transfer. But I can totally understand being so upset. Hang in there. Keep us posted. *Virtual hugs*!!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Options
    Oh Kim, I hope something can be worked out... T&Ps headed your way (the kind that will smack that other guy upside the head as well for good measure)!

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
    Photobucket
    A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
    Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
    Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
    Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
    BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Oh no! Thinking about you! I sure hope he can get a delay or something...if avoid going. WAIT< I think Jason's back is hurting (wink wink). Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks Ladies! Well, after a long night of tossing and turning and maybe a few tears I have decided to put my "big girl pants" on and deal with whatever comes our way.  Jason is just as upset about the possible deployment as I am. There is no need to be an emotional wreck. I need to be strong. I'm going to be the Mommy, for crying out loud! Isn't that our job? to be the calm in the middle of the storm?  Who knows, this could all be for naught.  I mean there is a 50% chance he doesn't go, right?

as far as the other guy goes, I don't know exactly how it works, but once he claims a condition that would disqualify him from deployment they have to do a "medical board" or review of him to decide.  I guess that could take a while and he would not be able to go anywhere until a final decision is made.  Best part? This guy is a "friend" and there is no real reason why he can't go other then he doesn't want to.... gotta love friends huh?

As we were talking about all the details that would go into him leaving we did briefly talk about induction maybe a week early. We are on the fence about that. Is this a good enough reason to kick her out early? IDK...

• Options

I'm sorry Kim that totally sucks. 

You have options but they're probably not so great. Could he possibly tell them he plans on taking some form of FMLA leave as a new father during that time to disqualify him? Granted he likely wouldn't be paid for the time off, but he'd have his job when he returned from leave, and he'd get to be home...

I'm not sure how the Coast Guard works in relation to "regular" jobs, but it's something to look into as a last resort.

It's an unfortunate situation and even more unfortunate is his coworkers decision to try and get out of it knowing full well you guys have your first baby on the way. It really sucks how selfish people can be. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear this!  I hope (& pray) that he doesn't have to go.  On another note...if you decide to induce, it will be just fine.  I've had three inductions & all went well.  Hang in there...I really feel for you!!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    he tried to use the family leave that he is scheduled for and entitled to, but I don't know how much that matters. My take on it is that while yes, he is entitled to it, it doesn't have to be at time of birth.  He woke up mad as hell and his last words out the door were "I'm gonna fight like hell today."  His immediate supervisors are doing all they can to help him out, which is nice and all, but it all comes down to "they are orders, not invitations"  sigh....
  • Options

So sorry this was sprung on you!  My goodness... I can't imagine. Hopefully it will work out for the best and your SO will remain stateside and with you.  Try as much as you can to relax and keep LO in there for a couple more weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"