North Carolina Babies

Am I the Only One??

Not on here as often as I have been in the past but I do peek in frequently to "check in" on your girls!!  So many new babies are cookin' Big Smile  However, I was wondering, am I the only one NOT thrilled about adding a 2nd to my brood??  I have been watching a little girl since August, which makes me painfully aware of how difficult 2 can be!  So I am just not excited about the whole venture....... I am getting old though, 34 in a few weeks, so DH and I are going to make the "official" decision this summer.  Just wondering if I am the only one with a 2 yr old that doesn't have baby fever....
BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Am I the Only One??

• Ha!  I almost posted the same thing today!  I think it may be just me and you. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You're not the only one! :)  Baby fever has yet to strike here either.  I'm in the same boat as you - turning 35 this year, so it's now or never.  I think it's going to be "never" for us.  It makes me a little sad for Liam not to have a sibling, but that's not a good enough reason to have a 2nd baby.

We enjoy having just one, and with him getting older, it gets harder and harder to imagine going back to the baby stage.  Honestly, I'm not sure I could manage 2.  I feel like we have our hands full with 1.  That makes me feel a little selfish, but it's true.

Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm probably 85% sure I do want another one, but I really can't wrap my brain around having another baby/child in the mix. I love our family dynamic right now, and it scares me to think about changing it. But I think I'd regret not having another. I always imagined a family of four (before having Holly), but I don't know sometimes.

I also in no way am looking forward to actually being pregnant. I didn't really enjoy pregnancy, and the idea of dealing with that, and an active toddler scares the heck out of me!

Like crescent said--the older DD gets, the harder it gets to imagine starting over with another baby.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• All these new babies make my baby fever worse! I can't wait for #2!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • imagebecki777:
    All these new babies make my baby fever worse! I can't wait for #2!

Agreed!! SAme here!!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsHughesNC:

Like crescent said--the older DD gets, the harder it gets to imagine starting over with another baby. 

I think I was afraid if I didn't jump on it as soon as baby fever struck us, I'd be too scared to do it again...now I'm sooooo excited for #2!!!

• Definitely not the only one, although it is feeling that way for me too :)

I know 100% that we want another, but I just can't wrap my head around it yet.  I love doting on one crazy toddler and I could not imagine trying to split my time.  He still requires so much from me!

I even got to spend a good deal of time with the sweetest, most chill newborn I have ever seen and I didn't get any baby fever.  I just remember how completely opposite Ben was as a newborn and I am so not ready for that again (Please Lord let my next one be easier!)

I will say that every once in a while a little itch hits me, but not enough to do anything about it.

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So glad to hear I am not the only one!  Will is just so demanding right now and needs me so much, I couldn't imagine having a baby too!  But like you, Hughes, I feel like we would regret it if we don't.  However, our main reason for having another is a sibling for Will to be close with but if they are years and years apart that just won't happen.  I am not a baby person, so there is nothing in me that can't wait to have another baby just for the sake of having a baby in the house again.....So we need to make our minds up soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dylan is 8 months now and I'm really loving this stage!!  I think we'll start trying beginning of the new year.  I want to enjoy him by himself, but I also don't want to wait too long.  I definitely want another one!! :)

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm kind of weird when it comes to this.  We knew we wanted 2 or 3 kids and didn't want them too far apart - my brothers and I are all 6 years apart and it's hard having us all in different stages (oldest brother getting married while I start high school, etc...).  I don't know if I ever really had baby fever.  It was more like, ok, we want another at some point, it took more than a year to get pg with O and we had m/c's so we should get started just in case.  First try was all it took, so that was a shock.

I can't wrap my mind around the fact that another baby is coming in less than 4 months.  O has been a nightmare lately and I get so frustrated, then I think about adding in a baby and want to cry... BUT, when I think 5 or 10 years down the line, when they are in school, play together, can get themselves up/ready/bathroom, I am so excited.  IF (and that's a big if) we have a third, it won't be for at least 4 years after this one. 

• imageskirk429:

BUT, when I think 5 or 10 years down the line, when they are in school, play together, can get themselves up/ready/bathroom, I am so excited.  IF (and that's a big if) we have a third, it won't be for at least 4 years after this one. 

This is how I feel.  I didn't want them too far apart.  We were thinking 2-3 yrs apart, but I am definitely scared and anxious about the arrival of #2.  I'm sure there will be some growing pains, but we'll reach a place where we're in a groove and it'll calm down (maybe, eventually?).  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsHughesNC:

I'm probably 85% sure I do want another one, but I really can't wrap my brain around having another baby/child in the mix. I love our family dynamic right now, and it scares me to think about changing it. But I think I'd regret not having another. I always imagined a family of four (before having Holly), but I don't know sometimes.

I also in no way am looking forward to actually being pregnant. I didn't really enjoy pregnancy, and the idea of dealing with that, and an active toddler scares the heck out of me!

This exactly. LO is only 8 weeks & DH wants more already.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"