Upstate NY Babies
Options

Swim Lessons in Buffalo

I'm looking at getting Jordan into swim lessons. We live in South Buffalo. I know that the Y does them but I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere else?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Swim Lessons in Buffalo

• Options

Not sure how it works in the city, but a lot of towns do them through the recreation departments. Especially in the summer. I know our town (East Aurora), and probably most others have rates for non-residents too.

I will say though, I have been WAY happier with the Y swim lessons than I was with the town ones. There are less kids so the instructor can work with the kids a lot more, and I just like the style of them better. 

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options

We did lessons at Summit Fitness Center almost to Niagara Falls.  To far for you, but there might be a local gym with a pool that does kids lessons.  There was a fee for gym member's kids and for non-member's kids.  (I'm a non-member.)

I actually picked up the family fun free magazine at my library and the lessons were listed in one of the ads. 

Bianca image.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The Town of West Seneca offers a class through community education.  

https://www.wscschools.org/community.cfm?subpage=46

It's open to non-residents too.  We took DD last year, and while she hated the water - it was a great program. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"