Upstate NY Babies
Options

Perfume complaint

I hate, hate, hate perfume.

We've been doing "the rounds" for the holiday with the babies so everyone has been holding them, which is no big deal. The thing that bugs me is, we leave the house- the twins have that clean baby smell (baby detergent and J&J soap) then we come home and they stink like everyone's perfume that was holding them. I know it's random but when B woke up in the middle of the night last night he smelled like an 80yr old woman! <gag>

Know what I mean anyone?

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Perfume complaint

• Options
    yes.  Norm wears cologne which I love just not o Sophia or Ethan.  Unfortunately Ethan wants to be like dad and as soon as he sees the bottle he points to his chest to get a squirt which dh gives him.  So  my 2 year old smells like Bvlgari  blue
  • Options
    We can't have purfumes around.  My MIL is highly allergic to a point that it is a disability because every where you go people are wearing it.  She can't even go out to dinner because of it.  So yeah, I hate purfumes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes!  My grandmother rips out the perfume ads from magazines because DD likes to smell them all.  The only problem is that they get inadvertently rubbed all over - so she comes home smelling like the perfume counter at a department store!
  • Options
    Mostly everyone in our family does not wear perfume or cologne, just my Dad who we see occasionally.  We are soap and lotion kind of people and I like body spray. I am not a fan of strong smelling perfume.
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ugh.. yeah.. my mom wears perfume a lot and after she is in my car i swear I can smell it for months.. and sometimes I can smell it on Eve, or myself too.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    I know what you mean.  We don't have a perfume problem but DD always comes home from my ILs smelling like MILs cherry Blistex, lol!
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Options
    yes! My grandma's perfume always hangs around and I can smell it on Evan when we get home. I never really notice it when I'm around her, but after we leave it's sooo strong. I always put Evan right in the tub or shower after! 
  • Options

I hear you! My dad wears so much cologne and the girls just reek of it after he visits. And if he stays overnight, our guest room smells like it for days. I just don't get why he thinks he needs to wear cologne at all just to visit his granddaughters!

Ugh, and church is the worst. All those little old ladies doused in perfume. I can never breathe by the time I leave!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yep - DH's aunts are like this. Bleh.

But I do like when I smell a little aftershave on them after Dada leaves for work - I think it's cute :)

• Options

My mom sprays it on pretty thick....yuck!

I have a bunch of perfume bottles on my dresser, I should probably toss them as I haven't worn it in years! I used to like a nice light scent, but not anymore. I do like scented lotions sometimes though, but only if it is super light. 

• Options
    Wanna know what is worse?  I picked up my 3 month old baby nephews, and they smelled terribly of cigarette smoke :-(  I didn't want to let them leave my house.  And bugs the crap out of me that they can afford cigarettes at what, $10 a pack now?  But don't have jobs and relay on food stamps, medicaid, Wic, etc.
  • Options

I know exactly what you mean...

It bothered me way more preggers than with the kiddos...Everything made me sick even strong smells.

I work at a cancer hospital and I feel horrible for the Chemo patients when you can smell thier loved ones perfume outside the patients room door.

I think people forget the concept of a Little goes a long way...and spray on more to make it last longer..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"